Real Data Feed

Before I discovered MT, I have to use some other programs like, Trek or eSignal.

MT has powerfull advantages against another. Is a trading platform and is studies platform.

However MT has a problem, the data feed. There are some post of traders complainig about corrupted data or spikes in quotes.

When we use MT or another platform to trade we take our positions using the broker data feed.

But, it would be good if you can use a third party data feed to technical analysis.

Gain Capital provides you with eSignal charts, that´s let you to choose one of the eSignal quotes (and has many) for determined currency.

If you have an account with FXCM or FXSOL, FX Trek provides you with perfect data feed. And believe me, there are no spikes, services down or data corruption.

Or, you can choose to buy a completely independant third party provider for the data feed.

In most of cases you have to pay for the service. Prices vary depending on what you want to buy. But, forex data feed is one of the cheapest services.

And, iIf something happends, with an email, a phone call or a little chat you can fix it.

Or, you can choose any MT4 broker, open a free account and use them to do what you want to do. But, that implies you must open a new account every 30 days, you could have spikes, data corruption, delayed quotes, etc etc. And it´s a little you can do because the service is free.

And believe me, when you use Metatrader Data Center to serve many MT platforms, any of this insignificant problems are really annoying .

Real accounts over MT has less problems, it´s true. But anyway, you´re believing in what your broker wants to tell you.

SBFX has unlimited time accounts, but you can´t trust on them. And some days, the server goes down and you lost 4 hours of quotes, and they never fix the problem.

FXDD is another choice (the best I think) with 90 days account limit, and a very reliable data feed, quotation.

Alpari is very good.

But none of them have proffesional support to help you about data problem. And I think is not practical to have many real accounts to solve the problem.

You always can choose some proffesional company, fully dedicated, and in data bussiness that is different from brokerage.

CQG, IQFEED, eSignal, etc, you can choose many companies but: none offers MT support.

My question is:

IS THERE ANY DATA FEED COMPANY PROVIDING METATRADER SUPPORT? I can´t find anyone

solution for feed

to get esignal feed in mt4 it is possible to have charts with custom data - check out script period_converter (it is in every installation by default) - it demonstrate example how to write .hst file you can write your own hst file using external datafeeds or you can read feed directly in your indicator - best way may be is via files.

How can we input Interactive Broker data into Mt4?

moqual:
How can we input Interactive Broker data into Mt4?

Hi,

thanks to post in this very old thread.

Maybe this other thread could help you...https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178116

Linuxser:
Hi,

thanks to post in this very old thread.

Maybe this other thread could help you...https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178116

Thank you Linuxser

Yahoo offers delayed-by-15 stock updates. They have a CSV you can download and parse quite easily. Different datapoints are available depending on what options you pass into the GET portion of the URL.."

I wanted these delayed-15 forex details to use in my trading system developing in java. How to realize it? From which web page i can get more information about this? Can anybody explain it much more detaily.

A quick fix for corrupted data or spikes in quotes for MT4 charts, right click on the chart and select refresh. This will synchronize your current MT4 chart price with the server price.

fetch Yahoo delayed -15 forex quotes using java

Hi Winser,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I am developing a software system in servlet& Jsp and I need to get the yahoo's delayed-15 intraday (only forex) quotes and display in my jsp page. Is there any sample java code to fetch the quotes or any link to give details about realizing it?

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh.

Reason: