MetaQuotes Software Corp. Starts the Automated Trading Championship 2006 - page 3

Hello Lenar

I'd like to ask about the Demo server time zone set.
i mean GMT, GMT+1 or whatever. (if it's a public information..)

Thanks

Hello Lenar

I'd like to ask about the Demo server time zone set.
i mean GMT, GMT+1 or whatever. (if it's a public information..)

Thanks

Hi,

as we said, the Championship will be held on our servers. Now there is GMT+1 and summer time correction is on. These settings will be used during championship too.

Best Regards

To be able to produce better experts, Metatrader needs

- 2 Hour and 3 Hour charts. (This is not a simple sentence. Trend extraction from 1H and 4H is not suitable)
- Back testing with tick simulation of more than one pair at the same time (correlations)
- Correction of data errors (bar shifts, wrong bars, wrond day bars) caused by server time of different brokers.

Thanks

To be able to produce better experts, Metatrader needs

- 2 Hour and 3 Hour charts. (This is not a simple sentence. Trend extraction from 1H and 4H is not suitable)
- Back testing with tick simulation of more than one pair at the same time (correlations)
- Correction of data errors (bar shifts, wrong bars, wrond day bars) caused by server time of different brokers.

Thanks

1 question: Unfortunatelly, no.
2nd and 3rd questions: We will think about it.

Thank you for suggestions, Cengiz.

Even with EX4-file (compiled, not source code) anybody can run Strategy Tester and see what indicators programmer is used.So no security at all !!!
This Rules do not protect participants in this contest.You should change that.

Clearly the experts can be decoded...nice one Lenar…

of course. Client terminal decodes experts.

- I've programmed very effective archiver. It archives 50 megabytes to 1 byte!
- Very nice! What about unarchiver?
- Unarchiver is not ready yet. I don't know how decode back archived byte to 50 megabytes.

Hello Lenar,

2H and 3H charts are not neseccary to be loaded from broker's servers.
But terminal.exe should produce it from one hour data and from new coming ticks.
And sytem tester should also recognize 2H and 3H data as a selection.

Scripts are not comfortable, even can not be saved. And 2H, 3H back test impossible.

Optimum period for forex market is 2-3 H. 1H and 4H is not a good selection for trend following.
You should collect some advice for optimum period of forex markets from some gurus.
This is really a critical point for experts's success.

In anyway, metatrader is the best choose in any case.

Thanks

Even with EX4-file (compiled, not source code) anybody can run Strategy Tester and see what indicators programmer is used.So no security at all !!!
This Rules do not protect participants in this contest.You should change that.

No, you can use "MQL4: HideTestIndicators"

Hello Lenar,

2H and 3H charts are not neseccary to be loaded from broker's servers.
But terminal.exe should produce it from one hour data and from new coming ticks.
And sytem tester should also recognize 2H and 3H data as a selection.

Scripts are not comfortable, even can not be saved. And 2H, 3H back test impossible.

Optimum period for forex market is 2-3 H. 1H and 4H is not a good selection for trend following.
You should collect some advice for optimum period of forex markets from some gurus.
This is really a critical point for experts's success.

In anyway, metatrader is the best choose in any case.

Thanks

Thank you Cengiz, we will think about. Maybe it will be realised, but i cant promise that.

Also, to help EA developers, we will collect and normilize charts history for public usage and place it on "MQL4: automated forex trading" Watch out for our news.

Hi there!

Thanks for the idea of the contest, it's really cool!
My problem is that I don't have passport ID? how could I participate ???

Instead of fixed 2H or 3H, a -standart- custom period 120(2H), 150 (2.5H) or 180(3H) that is produced from 30 min. bars automatically, which will be able to used from experts (PERIOD_H1, PERIOD_CUSTOM (customer fixed), PERIOD_H4 ) and tester would be more comfortable, just using local resources, without disturbing server. So, trend extraction will be possible with %90+ success in metatrader experts.

Customer sets PERIOD_CUSTOM=150 minutes just once, and uses it as a fixed data resource with it's own computer power.

Thanks a lot
Cengiz
Reason: