SnakeForce - page 4

snakeforce

who am i? who are you? where are we?

water finds the lowest point to settle we are 98% water!

Snake Force

Resolved issue

Take Snake Force apply a 60 period, take Snake Force apply a 120 period, take Snake Force apply a 180 period all in one window and see what I am talking about.

Because of a dynamic market the three periods distort at different intervals.

It would be good having one indicator.

Is this the right area to post for this request.

Resolved issue. CPeriod = 60+120+180 = 360

Thanks.

Snake force custom indicator

Can someone help me to code an ea from the below's indicator

Trade Rules

1. No buy or sell entry when both side up and down are colored green and red.

2. Buy entry when the first green bar completed without any red bar shows at the bottom. Buy exit when the first red bar completed. This applies the same to the

sell entry.

3. Sell entry when the first red bar completed without any green bar shows on the top. Sell exit when the first green bar completed.

4. TF = 30M

Files:

Repaints

Thought this was an indicator that repaints very much. Probably not worth the effort to code an EA?

if you compine it with parabolic sar will be a very good signal. have a go as i watch it everyday and it is a very good one.

SnakeForce looks like an ATM machine until you see it repainting the past five bars Removing the repainting means introducing a five-bar lag and suddenly it's more like the Taxman

I like the histogram style and so have hacked in MACD to produce the bars and I think that makes it useful, especially as an exit indicator. I've included the option to alter the settings of the MACD away from 'proper' MACD' so that you can optimise it for your trading. As supplied it produces signals not a million miles from those of the original but without repainting. Enjoy!

Files:

Thank you very much for the snakeforcemacd. I like it very much. But as soon as I apply it to my favorite renko charts the following happens: under the tab "experts" I receive the message "SnakeForceMACD EURUSD,M2;incorrect start position 2967 for ArrayMaximum function" this message comes 5 times per second.

Is there any possibility to stop that? (happens only with renko-charts, not with normal candlesticks)

Excellent work

GeoffGreaves:
SnakeForce looks like an ATM machine until you see it repainting the past five bars Removing the repainting means introducing a five-bar lag and suddenly it's more like the Taxman I like the histogram style and so have hacked in MACD to produce the bars and I think that makes it useful, especially as an exit indicator. I've included the option to alter the settings of the MACD away from 'proper' MACD' so that you can optimise it for your trading. As supplied it produces signals not a million miles from those of the original but without repainting. Enjoy!

Thanks

Wonderful job. I have tried to fix the repainting issue myself but couldn't do it.

GeoffGreaves:
SnakeForce looks like an ATM machine until you see it repainting the past five bars Removing the repainting means introducing a five-bar lag and suddenly it's more like the Taxman I like the histogram style and so have hacked in MACD to produce the bars and I think that makes it useful, especially as an exit indicator. I've included the option to alter the settings of the MACD away from 'proper' MACD' so that you can optimise it for your trading. As supplied it produces signals not a million miles from those of the original but without repainting. Enjoy!

Hi

The original indicator uses Linear weighted MA. You are using EMA. How would I change to Linear weighted?

Also, What is proper MACD setting and whats the parameter?

J

etrade:
yes I know, but it is important to know how many

last bar ?

last two bars ?

..... ?

Hello etrade,

In simplest terms possible, Snakeforce and central moving average, are all the same in principle but differ slightly in how they are coded. These indicators keep half their period cycle dynamic (i.e. recalculated) in order to maintain their centralized location. For example, a period of 24 will recalculate 12 bars, a period of 12 will recalculate 6 bars, etc.

You can mimic a centralized moving average by displacing a regular moving average backwards half its period (or negative shift). So for example, place Snakeforce with period of 8 and a moving average (simple) with period 8 and a shift of -4, you will notice that both indicators will be very similar to each other with the exception that the 8 period simple MA will be missing the plot for the last 4 bars (to the right), that is where Snakeforce and the like fill in the blanks.

In my experience it is very difficult to take entry signals from indicators like the such however, they are quite usefull in determining direction once the trend is confirmed (i.e. past the cross or reversal point)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pip

Reason: