another indicator....another alert needed...thanks - page 2

hi hayseed...........ok was originaly on build 208.

so uninstalled and re-setup build 204 and never updated and guess what.................still nothing,lol,will try the same on the xp pc later its running a prog just now ..........

looks like my mission for today has been found .............just wonder if i will have any computers not in bits by the end of it .........must move the laptop to outside striking range..........cheers for your help on this hayseed................thestellaman

hi hayseed.............well still no joy getting it to work,i completley uninstalled metatrader and deleted ALL my indicators then re-installed metatrader downloaded the indicators again and.............guess what...........yes.........still dont work...............i cant think of anything else to do,i have went over the the code again and its the same as the one i posted,once i have transfered all my indicators back on to this pc i will do a clean install of metatrader on the pc with xp on it and try that........then its down the pub to watch the footy and calm my poor nerves............will let you know how i get on...............cheers,thestellaman

hey stellaman.... above you had mentioned,,, when you said about too many "false signals" did you mean trading EVERY colour change or did you mean when a bar is close to the 0 cross over that it generates a signal on every tick until the bar is finaly closed?

here is what i was refering to..... and yes i was using the color changes as buy/sell triggers but at the close of the bar.....

after lookin at the trend bars code line by line it seemed best to rewrite it in a manner thats easy to understand and remove those parts that appear not being used....

the first indicator, 'stella 2, is the plot in plain line form....

the second indicator, 'stella', plots as yours does which is in histogram form with everything above the 0 line but with the rising/falling histogram being colored, blue rising and red falling........ you can see many color changes.... many of which would be loosing trades....

the third indicator is a modified ,'trend bars', which is set to cycle the 0 line, still with blue rising and red falling...... still many color changes again with many loosing trades....

the fourth is a modified , 'trend bars' , with below 0 line being red and above being blue..... it is being used to color the price bars at the top...... you can see far fewer color changes..... still some loosing trades but you stayed in the winning trades much longer....

i had written an ea but seem to have miss placed it..... the ea was built to allow all 3 versions as buy/sell triggers..... the lowest indicator paid the best......

personally i think the ea would be worth something if perfected a bit more.....h

Files:
stellaman.gif  68 kb

hi hayseed..........well you have been busy.........like the look of the "fourth modified trend bars" and also the bars on the main chart

couple of questions.......

what settings are you using............the default at 15 ? and on what timeframe ? the setting of 15 is really quite quick and would account for some of the losses as although it responds quite quickly to price as with all indicators it does lag a bit if price moves really quick.

i also use a setting of 30 and 60 and as it is over a longer move the losses i think would be minimal compared to the gains even just as a stand alone indicator without any filters.

i still have not been able to get the painted trend bars indicator to work.

so is there any chance that you could post your version of "Trend Bars" i know you said you took out the min max parameters(i have done this also) but just incase you changed anything else in the code also the "modified Trend Bars" that would be great,and will give them a try to see if that works...............the more i look at your pict the more i like what i see about this and think it will fit in well with my system........................if i can get it on the chart that is,lol,....................cheers ......thestellaman

Hello Hayseed

Thanks for your kind contribution, you are indeed doing a great job here, and I wish u all the best. On this board you will never run out of coding projects LOL

By the way, while you are at it, make sure that the indicator does not repaint and lag as little as possible. I find the indicator quite interesting...

Regards

UPDATE:

I gave a shot at the indicator as I noticed stella was complaining about not being able to run it. It works fine on my MT4. However, I notice something fishy with the colors trendbars, the indicator just colors all the bars to blue. I think there is a glitch somewhere or am all wrong and its suppose to be like this??

hi bossxero............yeh hayseed doing a great job..............its a nice little indicator i have been using it for a while so i can say that it does not repaint,obviously on the bar being made it may change but once the bar is closed it stays there.......................thestellaman

I gave a shot at the indicator as I noticed stella was complaining about not being able to run it. It works fine on my MT4. However, I notice something fishy with the colors trendbars, the indicator just colors all the bars to blue. I think there is a glitch somewhere or am all wrong and its suppose to be like this??

pheww thought it was just me that could not get it going.........yes bossxero you should have 2 different colours not just blue,i think its maybe the changes hayseed made to the "Trend Bars" indicator i uploaded at the beginning and thats why it dont recognise my "Trend Bars"

hey stellaman and bossxero..... yes the problem could very well be on my end..... the code is very simple to understand but for the life of me i can not see why it works here and not on yalls..... even more confusing in addtion to that, i can not manage to recode it in any way which plots as stellamans picture..... i can mimic the picture but note his 'trend bars' indicator is coloring bars of far different values than mine.....

the indicators i'm using are the exact ones posted prior, 'stella' and 'stellaman' along with the previously named 'trend bars' and 'painted trend bars'..... i have 2 vista computers and 4 xp's , all indicators plot the exact same..... i'm using live mini and standard accounts, not demo's, but surely that can not be the issue....

i will download the 'trend bars' from first post , start from scratch and repost everything along with the ea ..... this gets more interesting each day....

and bossxero, kinda wish more members would post more indicator requests..... we all gain.....h

hayseed:
hey stellaman and bossxero..... yes the problem could very well be on my end..... the code is very simple to understand but for the life of me i can not see why it works here and not on yalls..... even more confusing in addtion to that, i can not manage to recode it in any way which plots as stellamans picture..... i can mimic the picture but note his 'trend bars' indicator is coloring bars of far different values than mine..... the indicators i'm using are the exact ones posted prior, 'stella' and 'stellaman' along with the previously named 'trend bars' and 'painted trend bars'..... i have 2 vista computers and 4 xp's , all indicators plot the exact same..... i'm using live mini and standard accounts, not demo's, but surely that can not be the issue.... i will download the 'trend bars' from first post , start from scratch and repost everything along with the ea ..... this gets more interesting each day.... and bossxero, kinda wish more members would post more indicator requests..... we all gain.....h

Thanks for your interests and great work and contribution. Dont you worry about coding requests, there are lots in this section itself. And it keeps increasing from time to time.

I will be waiting for your next version. I want to rename the title to a more objective name, what will be the name of this indicator? Think and let me know.

is there a version that does not repaint?

eforex3:
is there a version that does not repaint?

This version does not repaint! Why this question? Did u witness it repainting?

Reason: