Spreads in backtesting

I have a problem, im attempting to backtest the 'volatility scalp' ea, but in my interbankfx metatrader demo account, the 'spread' of the pair eur/gbp is shown to be 0. In fact, all of the spreads are '0'!

Correct me if im wrong, but I think the way to view the spread is to right click on the market watch, click symbols, and click the property button for the appropriate symbol?

However, when i trade it seems spreads are placed in, so i don't think the spread is showing up correctly.

See screenshot below!

Files:
screenshot.png  219 kb

You won't see spread on Market Watch on brokers with floating spreads.

For backtesting, it run with spreads at the moment you start backtest.

So there is no way to see current spreads? What if i attempt to test the ea when the market is closed - will the spread be the last available or what?

During weekend you'll get last available spread at market close.

You can see it only on tester module -> Symbol properties

Woah! spread of 30? Im guessing this is somehow equivalent to 3 pips?

Is not "somehow".

If is a 5 digits broker then 30 is equivalent to 3 on 4 digits brokers.

Got it, thanks

hmm, perhaps im being silly. The scalper buys at .88061, closes at .88093, and it wins with 60.71 profit? With a lot size of 1.24, that should only, even without spread, only earn (1.24/.1)*3.2 dollars = 39.68. Am i missing something here??? (ok, so i have to multiply by how much dollars a pip is equal to, but that wont make much difference and i dont know where to see it.)

Files:
screenshot2.png  131 kb

It loolk like you trade EURGBP and pip value for this pair is ~ 1.50 USD so multiply your result with pip value

thanks, didn't realize it was that big, and i was also confusing sell/bid ask prices. When you sell the 'price' displayed for open is sell price, and the close price is the bid price, so spread is already calculated.

Reason: