EA Test and Buy and Hold Comparison

Hi, is there any way to compare the results from our Expert Advisor with the "buy and hold" alternative.

That is, if we buy at the first position opened by our tester and then we just hold that until the end of our test (this is useful because if we are testing a bullish market we could think our strategy is good but sometimes is worse than just buying once and holding)

enrique3:

Hi, is there any way to compare the results from our Expert Advisor with the "buy and hold" alternative.

That is, if we buy at the first position opened by our tester and then we just hold that until the end of our test (this is useful because if we are testing a bullish market we could think our strategy is good but sometimes is worse than just buying once and holding)

Older post, but never answered.

To my knowledge, there is no direct way to make this comparison in MT5.

It could be done through automation, i.e. have software run the tester for your strategy then a second run for a buy-and-hold scenario. Data would be dumped to CSV. Software then runs some sort of graphing or comparison. It could be done.

While I see the validity and usefulness for stocks, I am not so sure for spot ForEx or other assets using leverage. What happens if you get a margin call?

Reason: