How to convert images from BMP into JPG

Hello guys,

My EA creates graphic images from some data values and operations and save them as BMP. But, as it create a lot of images, each one with around 1MB, this is consuming a lot of disk space. So, there are a way to convert these images in JPEG format? Or at least, save them directly in JPEG format?

I'm using the Graphic.mqh class to plot the data and the function ResourceSave() to save as BMP.

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo Hennemann:

Hello guys,

My EA creates graphic images from some data values and operations and save them as BMP. But, as it create a lot of images, each one with around 1MB, this is consuming a lot of disk space. So, there are a way to convert these images in JPEG format? Or at least, save them directly in JPEG format?

I'm using the Graphic.mqh class to plot the data and the function ResourceSave() to save as BMP.

Thanks in advance.

You can use one of the online tools available, here is one: http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-jpg
Image converter to JPG
Image converter to JPG
  • image.online-convert.com
Convert your image to JPG from a variety of formats including PDF. Upload your files to convert and optionally apply effects. jpg converter Upload your image you want to convert to JPG: jpg converter Or enter URL of your image you want to convert to JPG: Or select a file from your cloud storage for a...

Eleni Anna Branou:

You can use one of the online tools available, here is one: http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-jpg
Hi @Eleni Anna Branou, this online tool allows WebRequest conversions?

Hi @whroeder1 , this online tool allows WebRequest conversions?

Another option to convert BMP to JPG format is to use Windows native command line software, like mspaint. Anyone knows how to convert imagens using mspaint command line?

Thanks again.

Have you considering using the native screenshot functions (that can save in .gif .png and .bmp), working with ChartNavigate and width/height to capture what you want?

Also, have you tried to use other filetypes with ResourceSave()? I haven't and it is unlikely, but it wouldn't be the first undocumented 'feature' in MQL if it worked...

Gustavo Hennemann:
Hi @Eleni Anna Branou, this online tool allows WebRequest conversions?

I don't know.

honest_knave:

Have you considering using the native screenshot functions (that can save in .gif .png and .bmp), working with ChartNavigate and width/height to capture what you want?

Also, have you tried to use other filetypes with ResourceSave()? I haven't and it is unlikely, but it wouldn't be the first undocumented 'feature' in MQL if it worked...

Hi @honest_knave,

ChartNavigate() function does not meet my specifications.

Using ResourceSave() to save in other formats will be great, but I don't know how to do it. Any clue?

It's unbelievable that MetaTrader have no ways to convert BMP to JPG/PNG natively. Is this possible?

Gustavo Hennemann:
It's unbelievable that MetaTrader have no ways to convert BMP to JPG/PNG natively. Is this possible?

It's a trading platform, not some graphical design software package.

It's unbelievable that you expect this functionality from a trading terminal.

What's next? WAV to MP3 ??

Reason: