How to convert images from BMP into JPG - page 2

Marco vd Heijden:

It's a trading platform, not some graphical design software package.

It's unbelievable that you expect this functionality from a trading terminal.

What's next? WAV to MP3 ??

well I would prefer to .flac )

Marco vd Heijden:

It's a trading platform, not some graphical design software package.

It's unbelievable that you expect this functionality from a trading terminal.

What's next? WAV to MP3 ??

I agree, it's not a graphical design software, but it is just a trading platform? Is this the mission of MetaQuotes?

WAV already have, also BMP, so why not JPG or even MP3?

In my opinion, MetaQuotes is not a Start-Up and MetaTrader is not just a trading platform anymore, MT5 it is a great development IDE and able to execute almost any strategy. I see MT5 in same way I see Eclipse, Delphi or Visual Studio (just a little bit behind).

So, I think MT5 is ready to go to a next level of development and become a reference in automated strategies, and this include improve resources to the developer of EAs, user interface and user experience. The MT5 is not the only product, the EAs are products too. There are a huge market around the EAs and sometimes some resources to the end user are missing. The end users want beautiful and easy to use interfaces.

I think is necessary to look to similar tools and walk closer to competitors in order to overcome them, and thoughts like "It's a trading platform" is not the best way.

Sorry, just my opinion.

PS.: Sorry for the lack of context, I'm not creating a converter tool, I'm creating reports with graphics and sending by email, look at: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/169520. If I use BMP the report will be too big and is not possible to send by email.

Regards

Gustavo Hennemann:

I agree, it's not a graphical design software, but it is just a trading platform? Is this the mission of MetaQuotes?

In my opinion, MetaQuotes is not a Start-Up and MetaTrader is not just a trading platform anymore, MT5 it is a great development IDE and able to execute almost any strategy. I see MT5 in same way I see Eclipse, Delphi or Visual Studio (just a little bit behind).

So, I think MT5 is ready to go to a next level of development and become a reference in automated strategies, and this include improve resources to the developer of EAs, user interface and user experience. The MT5 is not the only product, the EAs are products too. There are a huge market around the EAs and sometimes some resources to the end user are missing. The end users want beautiful and easy to use interfaces.

I think is necessary to look to similar tools and walk closer to competitors in order to overcome them, and thoughts like "It's a trading platform" is not the best way.

Sorry, just my opinion.

PS.: Sorry for the lack of context, I'm not creating a converter tool, I'm creating reports with graphics and sending by email, look at: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/169520. If I use BMP the report will be too big and is not possible to send by email.

Regards

Going back to my original suggestion, when you want to create the report:

• Create a canvas using CCanvas
  • Draw out your report over the chart
  • Use ChartScreenShot() to save a screenshot in .gif or .png
  • Destroy the canvas

Long winded, but can all be done natively

Gustavo Hennemann:

Sorry, just my opinion.

Regards

You are right, so now they will start to implement resource saving in jpg or png, or conversion. And in the meantime they can't provide a build which doesn't break old codes, they can't answer to ticket reported to ServiceDesk. I am sure a lot of people would prefer MT4/MT5 to be just a trading platform with better support and more stability and reliability.

honest_knave:

Going back to my original suggestion, when you want to create the report:

• Create a canvas using CCanvas
  • Draw out your report over the chart
  • Use ChartScreenShot() to save a screenshot in .gif or .png
  • Destroy the canvas

Long winded, but can all be done natively

Well remembered, I'll try a new approach.

Alain Verleyen:

You are right, so now they will start to implement resource saving in jpg or png, or conversion. And in the meantime they can't provide a build which doesn't break old codes, they can't answer to ticket reported to ServiceDesk. I am sure a lot of people would prefer MT4/MT5 to be just a trading platform with better support and more stability and reliability.

This is a good trade-off huh!

How you creat this? My ea always make a png with a trade
Reason: