How can I get OHLC per bar in the "Open price only" mode

Hi,

I'm a newbee in MT4. My Ea only needs OHLC price of every bar in the history. This seems the very basic function of all program trading platforms. But I got confused in Mt4.  There are 3 modes in the backtest. I don't need every tick data, but in the "Open Prices Only" mode, all of the OHLC prices equal to Open prices. So how can I get OHLC prices in the Open Prices only mode, or is there any way I can realize this. Thanks a lot! 

Open prices only = open prices only.

Marco vd Heijden:

Open prices only = open prices only.

I know that. So how can I get the other prices? These OHLC prices are stored right in the database. I even can see them. so how can I get them.

You can get to other prices by not using open prices only.

Seems you

wudin23:

Hi,

need every tick data,

Marco vd Heijden:

You can get to other prices by not using open prices only.

Seems you

That seems wasting time. I don't need every tick data. If I only need OHLC prices of the daily bars, it's ridiculous to get every tick data.

Thanks anyway!

wudin23: I'm a newbee in MT4.  So how can I get OHLC prices
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 EA section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum

2. Don't look at bar zero.

You can use control points mode, too.  Regards.

whroeder1:
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 EA section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum

2. Don't look at bar zero.

Sorry. I didn't notice that. Thanks for telling.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
You can use control points mode, too.  Regards.

Thanks!

wudin23:

Thanks!

You are welcome.  Regards.
Reason: