Discussion of article "How to Subscribe to Trading Signals" - page 24

thnks mql5

I Am getting an error that I cannot subscribe to a signal despite reading through the rules and seeing no problems as to why I am unable to do so.

bhughes:
I Am getting an error that I cannot subscribe to a signal despite reading through the rules and seeing no problems as to why I am unable to do so.
What mistake? What is written in a tab "Journal", in the terminal? You log in under the investor password? On a signal (https://www.mql5.com/en/signals) there is a restriction "the Subscription Is forbidden"?
Trading signals
Trading signals
  • www.mql5.com
Trading Signals for MetaTrader: social trading, mirror trading, copy trading and account monitoring

Need Help 

Signals provider symbols has 5 digits for example for GBPUSD "1.3058" and my brokers symbols has 6 digits for GBPUSD i.e "1.30586" . Can i copy trades for this signal easily or should i open an account with the same broker ?

Hi.

I want to subscribe to a signal and VPS.

Following the well documented procedure, (How to subscribe to a Trading signal) I selected Signals in the MT4 platform, selected the signal I wanted, then on Subscribe for x USD (or on MQL5 for payment method).

In the Option dialog box, under the Community tab, entered the login and password, to get the Journal entry "MQL4 Market: failed to get list of user products [401].

The question is, what am I doing wrong? How do I subscribe to a signal and VPS. I can confirm there are funds in the MQL5 account. 

Thanks,

Ted 

ejjcb1:

Hi.

I want to subscribe to a signal and VPS.

Following the well documented procedure, (How to subscribe to a Trading signal) I selected Signals in the MT4 platform, selected the signal I wanted, then on Subscribe for x USD (or on MQL5 for payment method).

In the Option dialog box, under the Community tab, entered the login and password, to get the Journal entry "MQL4 Market: failed to get list of user products [401].

The question is, what am I doing wrong? How do I subscribe to a signal and VPS. I can confirm there are funds in the MQL5 account.

Check your password and re-enter again.

MF786:

Need Help 

Signals provider symbols has 5 digits for example for GBPUSD "1.3058" and my brokers symbols has 6 digits for GBPUSD i.e "1.30586" . Can i copy trades for this signal easily or should i open an account with the same broker ?

You can copy all trades. Read this FAQ about Signals Service

Aleksey Pak:
Check your password and re-enter again.

Hi, and thank you for your help.

I have checked the password and re-entered it, several times, but I still get the same result in the journal. 

"MQL4 Market: failed to get list of user products [401].

MQL5.community: authorization failed

The password I have does seem to be correct because I needed it to deposit funds, and there were no difficulties then.

What are the implications of Authorization failure? 

Thanks,

Ted 

A perhaps significant point I have missed out; I have been working from the MT4 platform, selecting Signals from there.

Should I be working through the MQL5.community website? 

Ted 

If I have interpreted the message correctly, why is the system looking in MQL4 Market for a list of products, when the signals are not there?

Should it not be looking in MQL4 Signals?

Just for confirmation, the top right of the MQL5 web page shows my username, so I presume I am successfully connected to MQL5.

The trading platform MT4 is version 4.00, build 1010, 16 August 2016,

What am I doing that is not correct?

How do I subscribe to a signal? 

Ted 

Reason: