Trailing TP

It has become a tradition to trail stoploss. Personally, I came to the conclusion in my time that it ultimately leads to an increase in losses or a decrease in profits.

Has anyone reading this thread traded a takeprofit? What are your results/conclusions?

Sergey Gridnev:
Traditionally, we use trailing stops. Personally, I came to the conclusion in my time that it ultimately leads to an increase in losses or a decrease in profits.

Has anyone reading this thread traded a takeprofit? What are your results/conclusions?

Sergey Kovalev in AutoGraf has a trailing TP. You can just feel it.

The idea of trailing TP is that it works only with gaps when the robot cannot move it further away from the price. On a calm market this TP will never work.

Ihor Herasko #:

Sergey Kovalev at AutoGraf has a trailing TR. You can just feel it.

The point of trailing TP is that it will work only on gaps, when the robot will not have time to move it further from the price. On a calm market this TP will never work.

The idea is not to trail from the price, but to trail FOR the price. I.e. open, price is against us -> trailing TP at trailing distance.

Sergey Gridnev #:
The idea is not to trace against the price, but to trace FOR the price. I.e. open, price is against us -> trailing TP at trailing distance.

In this case, the mechanism is the same as with Stop Loss trailing. Well, the results can be very different. After all, everything depends on where Stop Loss is located and whether it is there at all. If it is not, the result can become much worse.

So I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and what the conclusions are.

Sergey Gridnev #:
So I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and what the conclusions are.

the author and owner of the league, Georges tried it - he has a quarter of his robots on this principle.

Seems to be happy.

Sergei, do you mean we only take a TP when things are getting worse and worse, closer to the price, and when things are getting better, do we stand still?

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

the author and owner of the league, Georges tried it - he has a quarter of his robots on this principle.

Seems to be happy.

Good.
Let's wait for him here with his conclusions :)

Sergey Gridnev:
Has anyone reading this thread trailed TP?

The practice is not to trail TP, but to close ONLY at TP. Accordingly, TP is also used to close unprofitable positions.

Aleksei Stepanenko #:
Sergey, do you mean we only take a TP when things get worse and worse, closer to the price, and when things get better, we stand still?
Yes. Exactly.

Sergey Gridnev #:
Yeah. That's right.
That's cool! We should try it.
Reason: