Searching for market patterns - page 48

Cmu4:
Avals, you got me wrong. The question there was about profit if the take would be 3 times different from the stop, not both of them equal to zero. Maybe you were confused by "=0" but that was me making the assumption in the question that the profit would be zero.

well then yes, calculating on the assumption that there is no advantage - profit=0

P(tp)*TP-P(sl)*SL=0

P(tp)/P(sl)=SL/TP

P(tp)+P(sl)=1

where P(tp) is the probability of tp, P(sl) is the probability of sl, TP and SL are Take Profit and Stop Loss values

the same way we can calculate the spread:

P(tp)=(SL-s)/(TP+SL)

where s is spread. And in this case, the result will not only depend on TP/SL, but also on TP/s or SL/s

Tantrik:

(modestly...no experience)

3. Accident! There always is and always will be. The price may be overstated from the real market, then review speculation.

If bigwigs have carted off and accidentally join them, there may be others or the first may change their minds. TA works and does not work, and the FA wins and loses. It starts and then ends, or may terminate before it starts. It does not matter whether the quotes are filtered or not. The price movement is random - 100% (at least for us, who are looking at this side of the monitor).

There are probabilities but it is not a pattern. Profit taking is a random process - I support it fully.

Blimey. FA certainly can't beat (or lose) TA. These are not mutually exclusive things.

Nothing can cause dramatic movement if there is no FA prerequisite. But, on the other hand, any movement has a confirmation by TA.

You can say it all you want - it has all the prerequisites, but it doesn't move.

All is reflected in the prices. The value of FAs, including Ergo - learn to analyze the Present moment.

I am rebuked by many people for substituting moment-by-moment analysis for prognosis. And what these critics don't realise is that it's a fundamental thing to be in the present or to hallucinate.

Svinozavr:

Blimey. The FA, of course, cannot beat (or lose) TA. These are not mutually binding things.

Nothing can cause a dramatic movement if there is no FA prerequisite. But, on the other hand, any movement has a confirmation by TA.

You can say it all you want - it has all the prerequisites, but it doesn't move.

All is reflected in the prices. The value of FA including Ergo - learn to analyze the present moment.

Many people reproach me for substituting the momentum analysis for the forecast. And what these critics don't understand is that it's a fundamental thing to be in the present or to hallucinate.

Yeah, thanks.

They probably don't understand that analysing the momentum of a dynamic system will give direction for now! (I like to predict future reversals anyway)

Tantrik:

Yeah thanks for the answer.

They probably don't realise that analysing the momentum of a dynamic system will give direction for now! (I like to predict future reversals anyway)

they can and should be predicted

sever31:
they can and should be predicted

TA gives them as zones and quite narrow 50-100 pips. (never a price reversal at nothing) (my TA has no shallow TFs, there are blind zones near the price)

Tantrik:

Yeah thanks a lot.

They probably don't realise that analysing the momentum of a dynamic system will give direction for now! (still love predicting future reversals)

"Shah has signed off on his total ineptitude. Take that one and replace him! " // V.S.Vysotsky.

I don't know how else to tell you. I don't think I can.

Again, it's just the little things that get in the way... in the uncertainty of the units of time(moment)...

I think I've got it. There's no reason to analyse when everything is fine as it is. Profits go up, people around you are afraid to breathe, two accordions are torn. With excitement. What's there to analyze?

When you hit it, too, what's there to analyze? Clearly pioneer - in the ass. Who wants to dig into his own stupidity?

So it's either think all the time, or just... post...

joo:
As you wish. I take my leave now. I won't call anyone a moron. :)
That's quite a feat. Thank you very much.

paukas:
That's quite a feat! Thank you very much as a human being.

For the balance of the experience, I'll name it.

And no need to thank me.

Reason: