Should a trader be greedy?

Here's a curious quote from the movie Wall Street
"Greed - for lack of a better word - is a good thing. Greed is right. It works. Greed clarifies and clarifies, it cuts through all barriers and carries the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed in all its forms - greed for life, money, love, knowledge - defines human progress."

And I agree with her completely, for in many years of forex trading, I have learned that a trader must be greedy and greedy to take solid profits. It often happens that the trader takes a small profit, but then the price goes in his direction for the same or even more. Not taking such profit will eventually result in a bad return. For example, if one day you missed a profit, your deposit can fall due to successive stoplosses. Whereas if a trader had taken all the profit until the end, the deposit would have been filled to the brim with profit, creating a required financial safety cushion.
Here's a look at the screenshot.

There was a good long entry, but I got scared and closed my profit early, so 12 days later the price reached 1778 pips. So 12 days were wasted. And if a trader is greedy and seeks for maximal profit, he/she would take this profit, and who knows, maybe even more in future.

Generally speaking, if there is an entry point, it should imply a profit of 1000-2000 on currencies and 2000-5000 pips on gold. You have to be greedy to take such profits and not the paltry 500-1000 pips or even less.

Files:

Finally, a new topic from you.

I wondered where you'd gone, if something had happened.

Stanislav Aksenov:

Finally, a new topic from you.

I was wondering where you disappeared to, maybe something happened.

Maybe it's our Sergei?) There's no chance there, writing from the cell

Эмоции в трейдинге - страх, жадность, надежда и эйфория
Эмоции в трейдинге - страх, жадность, надежда и эйфория
  • admiralmarkets.com
Есть расхожее выражение: «все болезни — от нервов». Это утверждение полностью справедливо для трейдинга. Можно досконально знать все экономические индикаторы, можно вдоль и поперек знать все тактики и технические сигналы, можно сколь угодно долго и правильно строить прогнозы, но стоит войти в рынок, как все знания становятся неважными и трейдер...

A trader should be as calm as a Buddhist monk :))) Understand one simple thing - the market (like the Universe, though :)))) Everything that rages when you trade - rages only inside the trader. In his head. It's not the market that fights with them (us), but traders fight with themselves. The chart just teases - swinging pendulums in a person, now one way, now another. But whether to follow it or not depends on a trader. Robots and computers haven't changed anything - traders/programmers have transferred their own inner pendulums, greed and fears, to programs.

webgopnik: Here is a curious quote from the movie "Wall Street"

"Greed - for want of a better word - is a good thing. Greed is right. It works. Greed clarifies and clarifies, it cuts through all obstacles and carries the essence of evolutionary spirit. Greed in all its forms - greed for life, money, love, knowledge - defines human progress."
And I agree with her completely, for in many years of forex trading, I have learned that a trader must be greedy and greedy to take solid profits. It often happens that the trader takes a small profit, but then the price goes in his direction for the same or even more. Not taking such profit will eventually result in a bad return. For example, if one day you missed a profit, your deposit can fall due to successive stoplosses. Whereas if a trader had taken all the profit until the end, the deposit would have been filled to the brim with profit, creating a required financial safety cushion.
Here's a look at the screenshot.

There was a good long entry, but I got scared and closed my profit early, so 12 days later the price reached 1778 pips. So 12 days were wasted. And if a trader is greedy and seeks for maximal profit, he/she would take this profit, and who knows, maybe even more in future.
Generally speaking, if there is an entry point, it should imply a profit of 1000-2000 on currencies and 2000-5000 pips on gold. You have to be greedy to take such profits, not paltry 500-1000 pips or even less.

that's what WebGopiik came up with this reasoning: only 6% for the month

here's what a sober calculation for just 1 day leads to: 47% see next page

The algorithm is simple 1) by trend. 2) for the whole deposit so as the deposit grows the lot and profit per trade. No losses, 100% profitable trades

Konstantin Erin:

this is what WebGopiik has come to with this reasoning:

this is what a sober calculation in just 1 day leads to:

The algorithm is simple 1) by trend. 2) on the whole deposit so as the deposit grows, so does the lot and profit per trade. No loss, 100% profitable trades

1 week (since 2021) account, where are the past ones? Went bust?

A trader must be smart and greedy for knowledge.

webgopnik1 week (since 2021) count, where are the past ones? Have they merged?

What week? Just one day from 8 a.m. to noon

Konstantin Erin:

What week? Just one day from 8 a.m. to noon.

He's talking about past signals.

Konstantin Erin:

What week? Just one day from 8 a.m. to noon

That's more like it. Where are the other accounts? Drained?
Reason: