What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 32

pavlick_:

...That's nonsense, I'm not familiar with such examples...

You must be living on the moon (not even touching a python)?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

You must be living on the moon (not even touching a python)?

Apparently, I use decent compilers (C/C++) and they don't allow such swill there. All plus dialects are implemented in gcc.

pavlick_:

Already spoken in Renate's words )). A rapid development, visible to people with a developed abstract and philosophical outlook. I suggest you look at his early work

That's the kind of development.

ZS: A few years ago you would probably have spoken with the same enthusiasm about the irrelevance of CCA as you do today? Screwed in the hedging.

The developers have many times more experience and are experts in the fields where we are dilettantes. Developers' vision is richer and they have the advantage of awareness and understanding of nuances in disputes. What proves them right? - Successful business and dominance in the field for decades. Who are we to lecture them? Developers are subject to common sense and business interests.

Right?

Yes, except for one thing: developers and business people, are different people, with different interests.

pavlick_:

Apparently, I use decent compilers (C/C++) and they don't allow such a pigheadedness there. All plus dialects are implemented in gcc.

I don't know in gcc, but in VS it's easy. Let's open the project of 2015 in 2017 - and that's it, we're done)). The next step is a tambourine dance.

Реter Konow:

Developers have many times more experience and are experts in topics where we are dilettantes. The developers' vision is richer and they have the advantage of awareness and understanding of nuances in arguments. What proves them right? - Successful business and dominance in the field for decades. Who are we to lecture them? Developers are subject to common sense and business interests.

Right?

Yes, except for one thing: developers and business people, are different people, with different interests.

I'm aware of that, Renat talks about it a lot. I'm about to get an inferiority complex )). But it's not like I'm stomping my feet and saying do it my way. We're just talking, it's okay to think differently from Renat, isn't it?

pavlick_:

By the way, Peter, what's strange about talking about backwards compatibility? You must be a programmer. Well, imagine that starting with the next major version of the compiler you are told: "Comrade, rewrite your old scripts, we changed everything". This is nonsense, and I'm not familiar with such examples.

ZS: although, if I'm not mistaken, python-2 -> python-3 also broke backwards compatibility. And there are apparently enough abstract and flos guys out there.

You probably understand everything too literally)).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I don't know in gss, but in VS it's easy. Open a project from 2015 in 2017 - that's it.)

I see. Which doesn't do them any credit either. Hose and gtz knows all the dialects, even the most ancient ones. I do not write in VS at all.

It would be nice to integrate the mt5 language into the notepad++ program many users edit in that program.

I am personally stopped by the reduced functionality in Mt5 in contrast to the older but more functional Mt4 and as a consequence the speed of optimization is up to 4 times slower on the new platform...

Plus sometimes irritating little things that I don't understand why they were removed in Mt5, why was they remove "Skip useless results" item, who doesn't like it? And there are a ton and a half of such little things ...

And then there is the strategy visualizer, which is horrible comparing to Mt4, where pending orders were never shown during 10 years of platform existence ... I can't understand anything in the history tab of the visualizer, which makes the history sometimes unreadable, while Mt4 has no such thing...

So, all the work and optimization is done in Mt4, and in Mt5 we only start working with Mt4 on multicurrency and kist symbols, that's all.

and even all of the new features and benefits implemented in Mt5 often look boorish and mocking...

which is also very annoying...

Reason: