What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 36

Artyom Trishkin:

Are you talking to me? Thank you, that's funny.

I mean the position towards the users. It's a bit harsh. Is it a natural selection? Like you are a weak coder and don't understand mql5? - You don't belong among us, professionals. Take your... your work and get out of here.

Artyom Trishkin:

Evidence. Please provide comparative evidence here. The same cross-platform code, and its optimization results. The same parameters with the same settings - the results of optimization at four, and the results of optimization at five - time spent on all optimization passes. Without all of this, your words are licka

wanted to post it once but didn't finish it...
the code can't be identical due to the lack of some functions in both languages...

but since the task is identical and its performance is identical I think it can be taken as equal experts, so there is a difference of about 3.6 times...

with the fact that 4 was planted on one core of the CPU, 5 itself the terminal on one core and on the other core one agent, all this without raising rights...

xxz:

And you are not bothered at all by the lack of conciseness in the language as in mql4 ?

No. It just gives me more freedom. In this case, I can get not only the day of the week, but everything else that is in the structure in one such call. In one call. And you have to call a bunch of different functions in 4. Where's the brevity in that? And, if I have to, I can make as many of the functions I need on this basis as I want. And everything will be concise.

While everyone was sitting on 4, so amicably asked MC to expand the features, and as soon as they got them, they just howled. Sounds funny, doesn't it?

Реter Konow:

I mean the position towards the users. It's a bit harsh. Is it a natural selection? Like you are a weak coder and don't understand mql5? - You don't belong among us, professionals. Take your... your work and get out of here.

Good. That's the right attitude. If one is a cook, let him feed people food, not codes.

And by the way, for those who really want lightness and simplicity - like in 4 - there is a standard library for them - they can use it not as a basis for serious development, but as a set of functions, calling and using which is even easier than it was in 4. It's just that people have been given freedom and they're scared of it.

Artyom Trishkin:

No. It just gives me more freedom. At the same time, I can get not only the day of the week, but everything else in the structure for one such challenge. In one call. You'd have to call a bunch of different functions in four. Where's the brevity in that? And, if I have to, I can make as many of the functions I need on this basis as I want. And everything will be concise.

While everyone was sitting on 4, so amicably asked MC to expand the features, and as soon as they got them, they just howled. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

that's what's bothersome is that you get the whole structure and you only need a day, getting it all together won't save you from having to do an assignment... so there's no gain...

Artyom Trishkin:

Good. This is the right attitude. If one is a cook, let him feed people food, not codes.

And by the way, for those who really want lightness and simplicity - like in 4 - there is a standard library for them - they can use it not as a basis for serious development, but as a set of functions, calling and using which is even easier than it was in 4. It's just that people have been given freedom, and they're scared of it.

I'm all for transitioning people to A's. Explained why. Four is becoming obsolete and five is in no way seeking to adopt all users by being unfriendly to them. And you're being unfriendly.

A poet is not someone who writes poetry professionally, but someone who can't help writing it. So are platform users, they're all different, some are stronger in language, some are weaker, but that's no reason to single out some and humiliate others.

xxz:

wanted to post it once but didn't finish it...
the code can't be identical due to the lack of some functions in both languages...

but since the task is identical and its execution is identical I think it can be accepted as equivalent EAs, so the difference is about 3.6 times...

while 4 was planted on one core of the CPU, 5 itself the terminal on one core and one agent on another core, all without raising permissions...

Please attach the code and results here as a proof of your words.

This is a technical forum, you can't just say "I have a ... and I have, and everything doesn't work at all on my Five" without proofs attached and a chance to check them. Such statements are not serious and the person writing them is not taken seriously.

User selection is a killer for business. Elementary.

Artyom Trishkin:

Good. This is the right attitude. If one is a cook, then let him feed people with food, not code.

And by the way, for those who really want lightness and simplicity - like in 4 - there is a standard library for them - onieyo can be used not as a basis for serious development, but as a set of functions, calling and using which is even easier than it was in 4. It's just that people have been given freedom, and they're scared of it.

It's not lightness, it's two lines of extra code that nobody needs! Let the developer hide them for me, and do it all behind the scenes of my code...
what about trade queries? through a structure? there are a dozen lines instead of one if there are no checks...

Реter Konow:

Exactly! Remake yourself - become a professional programmer! If you can't become a professional - get out of here altogether!))

ZS. I'm talking about user friendliness. It's off the charts.)

Advice from a non-professional programmer.) Take your own advice first.)

Reason: