What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 53

xxz:

I won't argue with that, I don't do it myself and I don't follow it...

and for nothing

only on ticks you can see something you would not see in longer deals

I don't know who's playing games with them, markets or others, but sometimes the timeout when an order is executed is so incredible that it amazes me.

I was raving about it around the beginning of this thread...

MT5 is praised from a purely programming point of view, but they forget that it is a trading platform

Incidentally, the demise of MT4 is being forced by the company itself, so it is going down faster than natural obsolescence.

The question is, how firmly does A hold those who move to it at will, and how firmly will it hold those who move to it by necessity, after the MT4 era is over?

xxz:

If it's not too much trouble, take my version and comment on the results...

because all the objectors are hiding in the bushes...

The objectors aren't hiding in the bushes. They simply no longer want to bang their heads against the wall of elementary misunderstanding of trivial things.

Реter Konow:

Incidentally, the demise of MT4 is being forced by the company itself, so it is going down faster than natural obsolescence.

The question is, how firmly does Five hold those who move to it by choice, and how firmly will it hold those who move to it by necessity, once the MT4 era is over?

The manufacturers are forcing it, but brokers are slowing down hard. The sunset is still doubtful.

Artem Konkov:

Producers are forcing the issue, but brokers are slowing down hard. Sunset is still doubtful.

Brokers are slowing down because there is no alternative. And if there is? What then? Is it self-sabotage?

Nikolai Semko:

For me, the speed of folding 2+2 is more important than the speed of tester optimisation.

It's completely inappropriate to claim speed just by comparing testers. The tester on the 5 is much more advanced, but advanced does not mean speed at all. Search the forum - this has been discussed a lot and even the B+ (retro MQL4 lovers) have admitted it agreeing with the A+ (amateurs of modern technologies).

Moreover, to compare the speed one has to compare two absolutely identical codes. In my example it is the same, while your code is completely different, since version 5 includes 4 more inludes (by the way, the file IsNewBar.mqh is missing) and you are using 4 different classes. This is not the case in version 4.

there is a specific task and identical execution in both EAs, I would be glad to do without classes but how if I am forced to do it by features of the language...

Files:
isnewbar.mqh  2 kb

Реter Konow:

Brokers are slowing down because there is no alternative. And if there is? What then? Is it self-sabotage?

If traders get what they want, the issue will be resolved amicably. Otherwise it looks like a forced introduction of the platform.

xxz:

there is a specific task and identical execution in both EAs, I would be happy to do without classes but how if I am forced to do so by the features of the language...

I'm sorry, but you really don't understand a lot of important things. I have no desire to continue this empty polemics.

Artem Konkov:

If the traders get what they want, the issue will be resolved amicably. Otherwise it looks like a forced introduction of the platform.

I agree. You can't force yourself.

xxz:

there is a specific task and identical execution in both EAs, I would be happy to do without classes but how if I am forced to do so by the features of the language...

Who is forcing me to do so?

Reason: