Strategies that work - page 15

lihawer:

I still don't understand what decompiles are) I just want to share my TS idea, but in words. I am not very good at trading yet, so please don't kick me.

The idea is that the moment of entering the market should be caught on a pullback of a price wave. The vertex indicator or its analogues will be very useful.

It seems to be a trifle, but it works very well and, what is more important, with small stops of up to 15 points. It works for about 80% of profitable orders.

The stronger the momentum in the indicator is, the clearer the market entry is. I have set the signal levels for the orders at 12-12, however, on the screenshot I have marked everything with arrows.

The vertex redraws the last few bars.

Boris Gulikov:
How did you check it? In a manual tester? For how many years?

Only the euro or other pairs too?

What kind of tester? I checked it on my real cent account. I did not use it from morning till night, but periodically, during a month I was near my computer, followed the signals and made deals when possible.

I cannot use any pairs, but it's better to use NDD account, otherwise there will be problems with spread on many pairs.

khorosh:

vertex redraws the last few bars.

Well yes, I'm already looking for an adequate vertex replacement, hopefully someone here can suggest

lihawer:

What kind of tester? I checked it on my real cent account. I did not check it from morning till night, but periodically, during a month I was near my computer, followed the signals and made deals when possible.

I cannot use any pairs, but it would be better to use NDD account, otherwise there will be problems with spread on many pairs.

Manual Tester.

I think that if you trade by hand, the strategy should be tested with the manual tester, an additional software.

You can test several years in a day. And immediately assess the potential of the system. Without wasting months of your life trading on the centivarius.

Test it, throw it away. Test it, throw it away. Check it, throw it away. And so on dozens and hundreds of times...

And I think the problems with the spread on H1 is unlikely (you have H1 in the screenshot). But on M1-M5, yes, I agree.

I do not believe in these miracle oscillators. In any case, if the TS is indicator-based, one such oscillator is not enough.

Boris Gulikov:

Manual tester.

I believe that if you trade by hand, you should test your strategy with a manual tester, an additional software.

You can run several years in a day. And immediately assess the potential of the system. Without losing months of your life trading on centivolus.

Check it, throw it away. Check it, throw it away. Check it, throw it away. And so on dozens, hundreds of times...

And I think the problems with the spread on H1 are unlikely (H1 in your screenshot). But on M1-M5, yes - I agree.

I do not believe in those miracle oscillators. Anyway, if the TS is an indicator one is not enough.

Of course we can fill our TS with a lot of different things, but sometimes even an oscillator is enough to catch the right direction on the chart.

And about the spread, I just feel more comfortable when an order is closed on the market and not on the spread.

And if eurobucks has only 2 points spread, then spread of some pairs is much wider and it may be that distance to take profit.

What is the manual tester? Can you tell me how and where to find it?

lihawer:

Of course you can add all sorts of things to your TS, but sometimes even an oscillator is enough to catch the right reference point on the chart.

As for the spread, it is just more convenient for me when an order closes according to the market rather than the spread.

And if eurobucks has only 2 points spread, then spread of some pairs is much wider and it may be that distance to take profit.

What is a manual tester? Can you tell me how and where to find it?

There are several different ones. I'll drop you an info where to find it. I don't think the forum encourages links to third party resources.

One oscillator can be used to trade in the flat. Say, overnight on M5 and M15. This is the best variant. Perhaps there are others. But I do not know them.

lihawer:

Well yes, I'm already looking for an adequate replacement for vertex, hopefully someone here can suggest

If it is a non redrawing indicator, it will not look as good as vertex. Alternatively you could use RSI or CCI by crossing inwards and downwards.

Boris Gulikov:

There are several different ones. I'll drop you an info on where to find them. I don't think the forum encourages links to third party resources.

One oscillator can trade in flat. Say, at night on M5 and M15. It is the best variant. Perhaps there are others. But I do not know them.

You can also trade manually in the MT4 tester, if you have an advisor with a control panel for this purpose.

Well, I'll share my TS.
Not a grail of course, but in general I do 15-20% monthly to the depo.
I trade with an eye on two HMAs (Fast 24, Slow 72). When the Fast one turns towards the Slow one, we enter. TP 10.15 pips.
We trade only in the direction of the Slow one.
If we catch a lot - I use a doubling monkey. During the entire history of trading I haven't caught more than four elbows in a row.

Nikolay Nikolaeff:
Well, I'll share my TS.
Not a grail of course, but in general I do 15-20% monthly to the depo.
I trade with an eye on two HMAs (Fast 24, Slow 72). When the Fast one turns towards the Slow one, we enter. TP 10.15 pips.
We trade only in the direction of the Slow one.
If we catch a lot - I use a doubling monkey. During the entire trading history I haven't caught more than four Losses in a row.

What TF?

Reason: