Are "momentum" strategies possible? That is, catching a continuation of a strong move ... - page 9

short stops of a few pips + smart trawl. impulse profits cover all losses

I did a max/min breakdown + trailing - not too bad in principle - was plus on two years in the test - but abandoned it for now

It's a good idea to work on it.

ps short stops did not work for me - too many false breaks in the channel

There is a bot on the breakdown of fractals (catches impulses) could have worked better if it had not glitched. some bad coder wrote it. need to tweak or write a new one. any one willing to help for the idea?

Privet. Kto mozet sdelat iz moei strategy EA expert? napisite. Sam etu strategiju sdelal, rabotaet otlycno. Samy lucy iz vsieh kotoryh ja testiroval. If komu nado, I can sell for 200 dollars. No only ja sdelal grafik na listje. Nado obezatelno sdelat ejo automaticeskim.

Catching a continuation of a strong move I think is impossible. The market keeps shaking out. You get the feeling that you're chasing stops rather than profits...

Only the market is in profit... ))))

I lost a lot of time to these strategies

The thing is, they work wonders in the tester, but they fail on the real account.

The reason is the artificial volatility in the tester and the one on the real account.

So far I haven't been able to solve this problem.

The thing is, they work wonders in the tester, but they fail in the real world.

There is no such thing. You just have to look not at the Back, but at the Forward. I measured the divergence between real and forward - I do not have more than 10%. I am not worse or better than forward ones in terms of number of deals. In other words, there is no artificial volatility, and if you take a ticking history, the mismatches can be ignored.

Daniil Stolnikov:
Well, yes, but this impulse can be followed by the direct opposite movement. The question is how to distinguish a false-break from a false-break? We need additional parameters.

The appearance of another tick after a directed rapid movement in the "other direction" is a warning of a stop. If there is a delay in tick arrival time compared to the previous intervals, it is another warning sign. Then it can continue a directed movement or it can roll back on ticks.

I mean the situation "within the caught impulse".

Artyom Trishkin:

The appearance of another tick after a directed rapid movement in the "other direction" is a warning of a stop. If there is a delay in tick arrival time compared to the previous intervals, it is another warning sign. Then it can continue a directed movement or it can be rolled back on ticks.

I mean the situation "inside the caught impulse".

Yes, yes - I know it painfully well )) That is the question - what exactly will happen? )) What parameters should be added?

Daniil Stolnikov:
Yes yes - it's painfully familiar )) That is the question - what exactly will happen? )) What parameters to add?

What was meant was this: if we have caught an impulse, and even opened successfully. Now we need to watch out that the flow of ticks has not slowed down, or "flipped". If there is a slowdown - stop at Breakeven, and watch further. Go further - wait for the slowdown. Caught the slowdown - we move the stop. If you see a stop or a reversal - it is better to close without making a stop and go into the mode of waiting for the impulse.

I did such a thing - it works fine, but you should fine-tune the trigger threshold both for the impulse itself and for a slowdown/stop/turn. And it's better not to catch more than two pulses in a row after a stop. Yes, the multicurrency unit is necessary here - because there are not enough impulses on one pair in a day. And before important news one should lower the thresholds.

I have not finished this machine, and in general - it was good on the history of ticks ... But this is history ... I would like to finish it and see it in real life ... Ehhh ... 24 hours a day is not enough.

Reason: