BrainSystem: Trading System Development and Trades - page 8

Kubera:
This is a very interesting thread, thanks to NewDigital for your test on Brain trading.

I am testing Braintrading on the 4hr time frame and will publish some results soon, so far it is very satisfactory though. The manual suggest that the system is better the longer the timeframe? and it is looking good on 4hours because it does capture the massive moves.

What is my setup? Well I have a 4hr chart with all the Brain 1 indicators on, and a second 4hr chart with all the Brain 2 indicators. Then I only enter when both charts say the same thing, so the two sets of Brain indicators have to confirm each other.

Also, in order to give the trade a frame of referance I have added a 55 SMA with fibos at 144,233,377 (as in the 4Hr Vegas tunnel method). This lets you see how the price move relates to the average and it also show the overall trend. The fibos are also very accurate places for price to turn.

An EA that moved the stop according to the BrainStop would be very very usefull? Any suggestions on how this could work?

Anyway this is another interesting use of Braintrading. I post more details soon. Any comments on the 4hr timeframe?

I can not say anything about H4 timeframe. I did not try even. I used M15 and H1 and H1 is the better one. If you have some experience on H4 it is very interesting to know.

As to EA so I agree. It should be EA but not for trading. Not yet. For s/l moving (using 1st or second s/l indicator - optional), for confirmation on M15 timeframe (optional), to close the order in Stochastic as I am doing (optional), and to get alarm on bar closed according the whole system.

Some early 4hr results

Here are some early results for demo trading the 4hr timeframe.

In this test strategy I am trading all major and minor pairs and spot gold, the rational behined this is diversification.

As you can see the minors have been very good in the last few days, while the majors are stalled at a turning point! But Brain trading identified and captured some good moves as the statement shows.

Anyway this is only 3 days, I will publish more as it happens.

The reason I am investigating this is to see if it is possible to win loads of pips while working in the day and sleeping at night. ( I am in the UK). I check the charts around 06:00am GMT, sporadicaly throughout the day and before I go to bed

Files:

It is the same with me.

I am trading from 8 am till 4 pm Alpari time and not trading at night. Because I observed that correlation between market and the system is not good at night so it is much better to trade during the day time. But it is my experience only.

I want to say that it was big movement few days ago at night and in the morning and this system did right signals to enter and it was more than 150 p in profit for 3 pairs each (more than 400 p for 2 days in total for 3 pairs). I am using H1 timeframe as I said above and did not try H4. I think your experience with this system is important. As I understand you are not using any confirmation of the signals on M15 or M30 for example?

May be because of H4.

I think this system is more accurate on H4 than M15 and H1.

small profit

My entry on H1 chart for GBPUSD and EURUSD is waiting to exceed the signal bar.

When Signal are triggered, I calculate the entry price.

The entry price is close[signal bar]+Close[signal bar]-Open[signal bar].

Profits would be decreased, but I can avoid many whipsaws.

But this entry is not perfect, sometimes I lose by whipsaws.

Sorry for my English.

muram:
My entry on H1 chart for GBPUSD and EURUSD is waiting to exceed the signal bar.

When Signal are triggered, I calculate the entry price.

The entry price is close[signal bar]+Close[signal bar]-Open[signal bar].

Profits would be decreased, but I can avoid many whipsaws.

But this entry is not perfect, sometimes I lose by whipsaws.

Sorry for my English.

Muram,

On H1 timeframe I am using Stochastic, DeMark, iTrend, and some kind of daily high/low indicators. Besides I am confirming all the signals on M15 timeframe (during the 1 hours or 45 min it means 4 or 3 bars on M15). I've never used this system as is. And finally I have from zero to 4 trades per week on 3 pairs totally. From 0 to 3 trades on all 3 pairs. Besides I am trading on closed bar and on H1 timeframe it reduces the profit but reduces the risk as well.

Hi Folks,

i think there is a better thing than the Braintrader, called Voila (based on the Average True Range).

Close > Close(-1) + (ATR(10) *3) is Long

Close < Close(-1) - (ATR(10)*3) is short

Maybe someone could program it for MT 4. with variable ATR length and variable Factor lengh.

See attached Chart for a Example

It is indicator from eASCTrend system. It shows the direction of the trend. eASCTrend system is the different system and this indicator may be similar with your image. On this thread you may find an other similar indicator. All of them for eASCTrend.

Sorry but this BrainTrending system is fully enough. We need just a confirmation of the signals and some classical indicators that's all.

Files:

newdigital:
It is the same with me.

I am trading from 8 am till 4 pm Alpari time and not trading at night. Because I observed that correlation between market and the system is not good at night so it is much better to trade during the day time. But it is my experience only.

I want to say that it was big movement few days ago at night and in the morning and this system did right signals to enter and it was more than 150 p in profit for 3 pairs each (more than 400 p for 2 days in total for 3 pairs). I am using H1 timeframe as I said above and did not try H4. I think your experience with this system is important. As I understand you are not using any confirmation of the signals on M15 or M30 for example?

May be because of H4.

I think this system is more accurate on H4 than M15 and H1.

I have attached a zip of my metatrader "profiles" folder this can be put in metatrader and used to show how I have my charts set up.

I have looked at lower and higher timeframes while trading on 4hr, but 4hr is the main view of the market I am using. 1hr and Daily are also useful.

The weird RSI (2) indicator was suggested in the brain trading manual for getting a better entry on a retrace after a braintrading signal.

To enter a trade both right and left 4hr charts have to agree.

The MACD is there simply to look for divergance.

The 55 SMA and fibo lines show if price is overbought over sold etc. So if Braitrading says buy GBPUSD when it is near the +377 fibo you know that it isn't going to be a long run up! Conversly if Braintrading says buy near the -233 fibo then a good move is more possible.

The fibos also make excellant take profit points. If price is at the 144 or 233 and the Braintrading bars go green, closing the trade might be a good move, (or just make the stop real tight). However if the bars are still blue then you could consider holding as price is likely to move through that fibo and on to the next one.

Files:
profiles.zip  82 kb

Hi Kubera

I have also been looking at this system and reading the manual again. When you say the charts have to match I presume you mean the signals match?

When you trade do you use the Brain Trend 1 stops?

What exit strategy are you using I have been looking at pivots and shortening stops when approaching. Your Fibo levels that are on your charts how are they produced?

Divad

Congratulations...

Congrats, NEW DIGITAL.

I've been following the thread Braing Trading for quite some time now, and I most admit that YOUR'RE a exception in Board Administrators.

You've been showing really will to help others with your analysis.

I've also setup a Forum sometime ago, (brazilian) and I've made available the indicators that you wrote (is that okay?).

I've my own trading system (manual) which I'm very happy with, (I'll post it here soon), it's on my forum, but it's in Portuguese and perhaps you won't be able to read it :-( ....

The Brain Trading system is been a real GEM.

Cheers,

MARCELO.

Reason: