The "Service Desk" section has disappeared - page 7

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Ha-ha, I started a programming thread once in winter which turned into a complete rubbish dump in two days. When asked to remove the rubbish, one of the moderators told me that it was my thread and I had to keep it in order! I wonder what it's like to appeal to conscience or something? As a result, the thread died on its own and I am running the topic on another popular resource.

Shifting the responsibility for your thread to the moderators again? I told you that and I'll tell you again: if you start a conversation the way you start it, about yours, and in passing about the case, then everyone will talk not about the case, but about "your". You're the one who gives the green light to a mess in your threads. Sorry, but that's right - it depends a lot on the author.

First and foremost, order depends on ourselves, not on hypothetical bad/good moderators.

It all depends on us: the forum is either lively and interesting, or murky and about nothing... From everyone who cares. Until we change ourselves, everything will be as it is - there will always be those who are just laughing in any thread. When one or two times, it brings liveliness, but when it starts in the next twenty pages of a branch, that's what depends on the author of the branch - how he reacts to the flood, so the branch will live on, or rot.

Artyom Trishkin:

Shifting the responsibility for your thread to the moderators again? Sorry, but it's true - a lot depends on the author.

First and foremost, order depends on ourselves, not on hypothetical bad/good moderators.

Does the author of the thread have the rights to remove the flooding?

Sergey Savinkin:

Does the author of the thread have the right to remove the flooding?

No. But I, who have such rights, practically do not have to "apply" them in my threads. I just do not, unlike Lyokha, I do not start my threads with the words: "I just saved a girl from an angry elephant-potato, gave her water and food, warmed her up, put her to bed, and now she's ... blah, blah, blah ... so let's talk about function pointers."

It's simple - you start with it, you get it.

Artyom Trishkin:

No. But I, who have such rights, practically never have to "apply" them in my branches. I just do not, unlike Lyokha, I do not start my branches by saying: "I just saved a girl from an angry elephant-potato, gave her water and food, warmed her up, put her to bed, and now she ... blah, blah, blah... so let's talk about function pointers."

It's simple - you start it, you get it.

That's because you don't want to do it. Again, let's recall the"Peculiarities of mqllanguage..." thread. You said you'd clean up the mess - but you haven't. And I understand you - it's not interesting for you, it's long, there's no need to do it etc. etc. As a result - just another dump with discussion! And the discussion should not be there! If I had the opportunity to moderate their own threads - I would not have asked you to create them, and created myself and moderate myself (harder) as I see fit.

In fact, that's why I'm in favour of allowing the author to moderate their own threads.

TheXpert:

Google has a huge forum. and they answer there. And the probability of finding a solution to your problem is very high.

And here on the forum, posting a problem often ends with outright trolling on the part of developers.

About google - yes, there is a forum. But there are no solutions to many specific questions (particularly on android and their hardware). That's what I call a highly selective approach on their part.

About the forum here - I agree. And it exacerbates the problem. The channel where there was less trolling has been shut down.

Basically, clogging up the service-desk means a lot of problems (not only in development, but also in the principles of system design, incomplete documentation, etc.). Blame it on illiterate and lazy users, of course, but their questions can be filtered semi-automatically.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

That's because you don't want to do it. Again, remember the"Features of the mqllanguage..." thread. You said you would clean up the mess - but you haven't. And I understand you - it's not interesting for you, it's long, there's no need to do it etc. etc. As a result - just another dump with discussion! And the discussion should not be there! If I had the opportunity to moderate their own threads - I would not have asked you to create them, and created myself and moderate myself (harder) as I see fit.

In fact, that's why I'm in favour of allowing the author to moderate their own threads.

In this case, the authors will delete all posts that they do not like, even if they have something correctly written, but they criticize the author. There are moderators and admins for moderation. Users should not have such rights.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

and google I don't know - I had a problem, even 2 problems and they solved them within 24 hours, they called me personally on the phone and then called me a couple more times asking if everything was OK?

What channel did they use to contact them? What status do you need to have?

Stanislav Korotky:

What channel have they been contacted on? What status do you need to have?

wrote through Adwords feedback

Alexandr Saprykin:

In that case, authors will destroy all posts that don't appeal to them, even if they say something correctly but are critical of the author. There are authors and admins for moderation. Users should not have such rights.

No one has abolished moderators. Once again, you can think about the rules for granting such rights/selecting rights. Otherwise the dump will only get bigger.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

wrote via Adwords feedback

This is a bit different. the work is on the client's money, so the support is very different.

Reason: