The "Service Desk" section has disappeared - page 4

Nikolai Semko:

But here we need to do something about the culture of communication on the Russian forum. After all, a lot of duty counselors give their explanations with undisguised irritation and in the form of "Why are you all so stupid so....".
Perhaps it would be correct to create something like "Bug Room", "Question and Answer Room" ... So as not to mix all the files in one folder called Forum. As they say to put things in order on the desktop.

I agree. Only it's unlikely that new rooms will help. They'll be just as littered as the existing ones. I think moderators will have to be more active here. Practice shows that the purely technical issues of the forum often become so overloaded with rubbish that valuable information simply gets lost. And there is nothing that can be done about it. The only thing you can do is to give each moderator a big shovel to clear the forum of you know what.

Sergey Savinkin:

I agree. Only it's unlikely that new rooms will help. They'll be just as littered as the existing ones. I think moderators will have to be more active here. Practice shows that the purely technical issues of the forum often become so overloaded with rubbish that valuable information simply gets lost. And there is nothing that can be done about it. The only thing you can do is to give each moderator a big shovel to clear the forum of you know what.

That's the right way to think about it. A bunch of stuff will be dumped on the forum, but only 5 people can moderate it. Sounds to me like we should give the author the right to moderate his own thread. Or at least bring the matter up for discussion.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

That's the right way to think about it. A bunch of stuff gets dumped on the forum and only 5 people can moderate it. If you ask me, you should give the author the right to moderate his own thread. Or at least put the matter up for discussion.

trend detecor regularly creates threads with a poll, it would be scary to even go in)

Fast528:

trend detecor regularly creates poll threads, it would be scary to even go in)

Those who are particularly active and abusive can have this option blocked.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

it's like that on all forums :-) I was running around the javascript.xxxx forum today, it's fun:

With great regret I want to make a small addition - " on all Russian-speaking forums".
Don't misunderstand me - I love all countries of former USSR and people who live in them, especially those where I lived long time (Kazakhstan - 17 years, Russia - 21 years, Ukraine - 7 years).
But unfortunately, as a cosmopolitan (even though I consider myself a patriot in particular of Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan) I have to admit the fact that we are lagging behind in the culture of communication as well as in high technology.
Yes, of course, moderators alone will not defeat the beast.
In my opinion, we need self-regulation.
On one hand I understand Renat why he doesn't want to introduce the 'likes' system, but still my intuition says that it is possible to create a normal system of acknowledgment and agreement (with IP control of course, but not personality), which will start to filter out the belligerent ignoramuses without blocking and bans, because without such system they feel like fish in water here.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Those who are particularly active and abusive can be blocked from doing so.

They will get offended and start shitting, rights infringement and so on, it's not a workable system

Nikolai Semko:

On one hand I understand Renat, why he does not want to introduce a system of likes, but still my intuition says that it's possible to create a normal system of acknowledgment and agreement (with IP control of course, but not personality), which will start to screen out the belligerent ignoramuses even without blocking and bans, because without a system they feel here like a fish in water.

Now just on another special forum an interesting situation with the likes) the offended are minus a participant, and he can not figure out who it is,

Like flowers, why would a man need likes and gratitude?

Fast528:

likes are more for women, like flowers, why would a man need likes and appreciation?

then you should put "beer can" instead of "likes" ))))
although... there are women here too... what about them?

Andrei Fandeev:

then you should draw "can of beer" instead of "likes" ))))
Although... there are women here too... what about them?

can of flowers :)

beer bag)
Reason: