The "Service Desk" section has disappeared - page 15

Vladislav Andruschenko:

I guess what I mean is that we ourselves communicate on the forum and create topics with errors. And the METAQUOTES team reviews these topics and reacts to them if they see a serious error.

It's like discreet video surveillance.

So everyone doesn't have to create an application in the service desk.

It's understandable, but still, I want to know for 100% that this error is responded to and fixed. If it are not going to fix it, that is, it is not critical, then get a reply that they will not fix it, then do not wait and look for workarounds.

I had a pending application in the SD, it was not fixed, although it was admitted as an error.

Just need some specifics - YES/NO.

Renat Fatkhullin:

This means one option:

• the question is not of interest
  • the issue is not elaborated, not replicable
  • taken note of

We stop playing ping pong and wasting resources on step-by-step pulling details. We've been running a public service desk for 8 years and it's become clear that we can't go on like this.

We have our own work plans for many years to come and we are focused on developing them.

Little clarity on how the response will be)

I recall the CopyTicks epic. There were not a few bug reports with full playback code. Posted on the forum and repeated in the SD. The details were only sorted out in the SD and in a constructive way. It was felt that the developers had set themselves the goal of solving the problem with these tics at last. Whether the cause was in the SD or the forum, it is hard to say. At a rough guess, about 10% of the bug reports were my faults/weak understanding. In the end, after a few hundred requests (on the compiler and other topics) in the SD and bans, it was obvious that the requests were almost dead, so I stopped writing there. Left only forum posts.

Now custom characters require about the same attitude as they once did with ticks. I think with ticks it was just a coincidence that the urge to edit/message something turned out to be mutual. It's probably the same with other topics. And the channel of communication can be LS instead of SR, if only there was interest.

In general, since the CD has disappeared, it would be a good idea to create a new section on the forum for various MT-MQL bugs and appeals to the administration and developers. I've already got everything mixed up in a bunch of different sections. Better somewhere in the basement of the forum.

Another question is whether the administration and developers will find it necessary to respond. It's their personal business.)

Actually, it's a common practice. Well, almost.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Find the application number in the history and try to enter directly?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/users/fxsaber/servicedesk/closed/ХХХХХ

I haven't. I don't know the application numbers.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

In general, since the CD has disappeared, it would be a good idea to create a new section on the forum for various MT-MQL bugs and appeals to the administration and developers. I've already got everything mixed up in a bunch of different sections. Better somewhere in the basement of the forum.

Another question is whether the administration and developers will find it necessary to respond. It's their personal business.)

Actually, it's a common practice. Well, almost.

I second that. Searching through the whole forum is not very convenient. Sometimes you remember the approximate time range where the problem was discussed. Or here, exactly this thread (topic), but it's 50 or 100 pages long. If there was an advanced search: by date of posts, by section, search in a particular thread. It would help a lot to find answers to your questions faster.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Can you please tell me if the possibility to view closed applications in the SR will be returned? There was quite a lot of valuable information there (explanations) that I would like to have access to.

Without Jira, Bugzilla or a separate section in the forum, it's really not clear where to send bug reports now.

Renat Fatkhullin:

It was precisely because of the number of people who suddenly felt that it was our employees who had to waste their time asking questions about everything and everything that we shut down the public service desk. Service Desk has become a worldwide frenzy. Don't forget that we serve the whole world, not just the Russian-speaking part.

There is a huge amount of searchable information on this website. We have done our job, and in 7 languages. Now it is up to everyone to spend their time searching for answers to their questions.

Technical issues should be dealt with in a public forum so that every decision has a shoulder effect. Working with technical issues with 1:1 leverage in a closed service desk is economically unprofitable for any company with economies of scale (100-1000 clients is not scale).

We are now fundamentally changing the service processes on the website and automating everything we can.

Unfortunately, some of the old processes which used to be done manually have been put on hold for a while.

Which we automate and redo:

1. Vendor registration
  2. Publication of products, including updates. Automatic updates have already been allowed.
  3. Publishing in kodobase
  4. Freelance arbitrage
  5. Improving processes across the board and making them clearer

Critics:

• To understand reality, you need to be able to get into the position of each side (2-3 sides at least) rather than cementing yourself in your personal position
  • the regimes of "I have to", "somebody else has to do something", "it has to work like this" are usually wrong when you look at reality from above.
  • always consider the economics of processes and economies of scale
  • the free distribution of good things cannot last forever. the IT sphere has created a feast of freebies which has led to an error of perception for a generation "in the sphere of XXX everything must be free".
  • listen to the explanations - they are correct, reasonable and valid
  • we have statistics and experience - we know what we're doing
  • we're doing fine, thank you
Renat Fatkhullin:

That's just because of the number of people who suddenly felt that these are employees of our company should spend their time on questions about everything, we closed the public servicedesk. Servicedesque has turned into a complete madness on a world scale. Do not forget that we serve the whole world, not just the Russian-speaking part.

On this site a huge amount of information available for search. We have done our work, and in 7 languages. Now it's up to everyone to spend their time looking for answers on their questions.

Technical issues should be addressed at a public forum, so that each decision has a shoulder effect. Working with technical questions with a 1: 1 shoulder in a closed utility is economically unprofitable for any company that has a scale effect (100-1000 customers is not scale).

Now we radically change the maintenance processes on the site and automate everything that is possible.

Unfortunately, for a while some of the old processes, previously provided manually, were stalled.

What we automate and rework:

1. Registration of sellers
  2. Publication of products, including updates. Automatic updates are already allowed.
  3. Publications in the Code
  4. Arbitration in freelancing
  5. We improve the processes on the whole front and make them more understandable

Critics:

• in order to understand reality, one must be able to stand on the position of each side (2-3 sides at least), rather than cementing oneself on one's personal position
  • I should," "someone else must do something there," "this should work like this" is usually mistaken if you look at the reality from the top
  • It is always necessary to take into account the economics of processes and economies of scale
  • the distribution of goods free of charge can not last forever. in the IT sphere a free-of-charge feast was created, which led to a mistake of perception of the whole generation "in the sphere of XXX everything should be free
  • listen to explanations - they are correct, reasonable and reasonable
  • We have statistics on our hands and a lot of experience - we know what we are doing
  • we are doing fine, thank you
Hi,
Unfortunately, I do not speak Russian, but if I understand correctly, the publication and review of products is not available for some time. Correct ? Is there a schedule for how long when it will be available again? Thanks for informations.

Ariel Capja:
Hi,

Hi to you too.

Banning a user on the forum automatically deprives them of tech support. Have you thought about it?

And You Hi.

Ban user in the forum automatically deprives him of his support. Have you thought about it?

Reason: