I don't want to use auto trading at all. but Script which i use require to turn auto trading on

Hi,

I don't want to use auto trading at all. but indicators which i use require to turn auto trading on.

For instance, i have an indicator named as "Close All Positions" which closes all open orders. But it only works when auto trading is set to on. Now when i set auto trading on, some auto orders are created on its own. This is creating much difficulty for me to trade.

Please guide me on this. I want to use Indicator "Close All Positions" but not want to allow auto opening of orders.

Please help me on this issue.

wb35102: I don't want to use auto trading at all. but indicators which i use require to turn auto trading on. For instance, i have an indicator named as "Close All Positions" which closes all open orders. But it only works when auto trading is set to on. Now when i set auto trading on, some auto orders are created on its own. This is creating much difficulty for me to trade.

Please guide me on this. I want to use Indicator "Close All Positions" but not want to allow auto opening of orders.

You are mixing the concepts of Indicator and Expert Advisor (EA).

If it closes trades then it is an Expert Advisor (EA), and not an Indicator. An Indicator cannot carry out trade operations, not even closing, and and does not depend on "Auto/Algo Trading".

However, for an EA to be closing trades, then that is considered "trading", and will require that the "Auto/Algo Trading" be enabled. There is no way around that.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You are mixing the concepts of Indicator and Expert Advisor (EA).

If it closes trades then it is an Expert Advisor (EA), and not an Indicator. An Indicator cannot carry out trade operations, not even closing, and and does not depend on "Auto/Algo Trading".

However, for an EA to be closing trades, then that is considered "trading", and will require that the "Auto/Algo Trading" be enabled. There is no way around that.

Hi, Fernando Carreiro

I am new to mt4. Please let me explain this.

In mt4 in Navigators window

Scripts Downloads Close All Orders

Now this " Close All Orders " script i want to use. and this script require that i must turn on "Auto Trading". Without turning on "Auto Trading" , this script " Close All Orders " does not work at all.

if i turn on "Auto Trading" , then this script " Close All Orders " work successfully but some auto trades are started on its own which i don't want.

Please help me on this situation

wb35102 #I am new to mt4. Please let me explain this. In mt4 in Navigators window Scripts Downloads Close All Orders

Now this " Close All Orders " script i want to use. and this script require that i must turn on "Auto Trading". Without turning on "Auto Trading" , this script " Close All Orders " does not work at all. if i turn on "Auto Trading" , then this script " Close All Orders " work successfully but some auto trades are started on its own which i don't want.

Then it is neither an Indicator, nor an EA. It is a Script.

And if you want a script to close trades, then the "Auto Trading" must be enabled. As I have already stated, deleting an order or closing a position, is considered "trading".

If you don't want the other EAs or Scripts to trade while "Auto Trading" is enabled, then disable trading on those EAs or simply remove them from your charts.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Then it is neither an Indicator, nor an EA. It is a Script.

And if you want a script to close trades, then the "Auto Trading" must be enabled. As I have already stated, deleting an order or closing a position, is considered "trading".

If you don't want the other EAs or Scripts to trade while "Auto Trading" is enabled, then disable trading on those EAs or simply remove them from your charts.

Hi,

Please guide me more.

I have these five scrips / indicators / EA

1. Moving Average

2. Close all Position

3. Auto Set TP (Take Profit) and SL (Stop Lose)

4. Pivot point lines v1.1

5. Session open V line

Please tell me from these five, which one is trying to place auto orders. I have checked but without these i have not found anything else.

Please guide me on this

wb35102 #:

Hi,

Please guide me more.

1. Moving Average

2. Close all Position

5. Session open V line

Please tell me from these five, which one is trying to place auto orders. I have checked but without these i have not found anything else.

Please guide me on this

You can follow it from the Expert Tab in MT4.

wb35102 #:

Hi,

Please guide me more.

1. Moving Average

2. Close all Position

5. Session open V line

Please guide me on this

Just look at which folder they are in — are they in the "Indicators" folder, or are they in the "Experts" folder or the "Scripts" folder.

I would speculate the following based on the names, but requires confirmation:

Indicators (no need for "AutoTrade"):

• Moving Average
  • Pivot point lines v1.1
  • Session open V line

EA or Script (will need "AutoTrade" enabled).

• Close all Position
  • Auto Set TP (Take Profit) and SL (Stop Lose)
However, I will also suggest the following — if you are not able to distinguish between these things, then you should dedicate some time to first learning and understanding trading itself, from the most basic concepts to actually trading manually on a demo account, until you can distinguish between all these things and understand how they work.
Reason: