From theory to practice - page 1547

Igor Makanu:

well.... does it calculate turbulent flows or do you have to use correction factors? and then check them experimentally

what about the process of complex crystal formation?

What about a trivial card game?

There are statistical and probabilistic methods, but they only work if the model is correctly estimated, but if the model has been pulled by the ear... like your pictures from electrical engineering textbooks, with authoritative authors to make it convincing.

So just to think, did Kolmogorov do any market analysis? And specifically Forex? ... Well, yes, Kolmogorov was the first name that came to mind.

Don't twist my words.

Alexander_K:

You were told to study Brownian motion. Did you do it?

Freelance with the assignments and no rudeness.

secret:

Thank you. It's true, my models are much simpler) Experience shows that if there is an edge, it shows up immediately, even on the simplest models.

I do not insist on obligatory use of his models) I myself am closer to the approach associated with the zigzag. Just the mention of flat and Gorchakov reminded me of this video.

Олег avtomat:

Mathematics works everywhere.

And the fact that you don't know, don't want to know and don't understand where and how mathematics works -- that doesn't stop mathematics from working.

The mathematical apparatus is always applied. As a rule, in order to describe a phenomenon using mathematics, a number of conventions, assumptions and simplifications are used. And the resulting mathematical solution reflects the phenomenon being described with someacceptable accuracy. Only then can the mathematical model be considered applicable in practice. Attempts to apply some mathematical models to situations where they are not applicable at all under the initial conditions or cannot give the necessary accuracy, as if hinting about illiterate approach and erroneous understanding of the phenomena studied, although coming from mathematically literate and educated people. Everything can ultimately be reduced to mathematical deductions and program code. But not all mathematical methods are applicable to any given situation. The path explored in this thread is flawed. And the lack of results unequivocally indicates that. It is time to accept this and use/research other mathematical models to profit from the market.

Alexander_K:

I need all sorts of market research - entropy, ACF, etc. Preferably in the form of articles. I don't have the time.

When I needed market research, I quit my job, sat down at my desk and spent 5 years on it. Even though I had "no time".

BlackTomcat:

The mathematical apparatus is always applied. And as a rule, in order to describe a phenomenon using mathematics, a number of conventions, assumptions and simplifications are used. And the resulting mathematical solution reflects the phenomenon being described with some acceptable accuracy. Only then can the mathematical model be considered applicable in practice. Attempts to apply some mathematical models to situations where they are not applicable at all under the initial conditions or cannot give the necessary accuracy, as if hinting about illiterate approach and erroneous understanding of the phenomena studied, although coming from mathematically literate and educated people. Everything can ultimately be reduced to mathematical deductions and program code. But not all mathematical methods are applicable to all situations. The path explored in this thread is flawed. And the lack of results unequivocally indicates that. It is time to accept this and use/research other mathematical models to profit from the market.

Quite right.

Alexander_K:

What do you know about the results in this thread, daddy? Why don't you close all the MoD branches - they're not very dense there either - and pray on you?

The fact that I do not have a result in the form of a state does not mean anything. I communicate and communicate with people who have a result, they just do not flaunt it. If I did not, I would have given up long ago.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing of trading strategies

From theory to practice

BlackTomcat, 2019.09.08 11:04

The mathematical apparatus is always applied. And as a rule, in order to describe some phenomenon using mathematics, a number of conventions, assumptions and simplifications are used. And the resulting mathematical solution reflects the phenomenon being described with some acceptable accuracy. Only then can the mathematical model be considered applicable in practice. Attempts to apply some mathematical models to situations where they are not applicable at all under the initial conditions or cannot give the necessary accuracy, as if hinting about illiterate approach and erroneous understanding of the phenomena studied, although coming from mathematically literate and educated people. Everything can ultimately be reduced to mathematical deductions and program code. But not all mathematical methods are applicable to any given situation. The path explored in this thread is flawed. And the lack of results unequivocally indicates that. It is time to accept this and use/research other mathematical models to profit from the market.

By and large he is right.

Alexander_K:

What do you know about the results in this thread, daddy? Why don't you close all the MoD branches - they're not very dense there either - and pray on you?

The fact that I do not have a result in the form of a state does not mean anything. I communicate and communicate with people who have results, they just do not flaunt it. If they weren't, I would have given it up long ago.

Well, I've already understood about your topic that it's "process for the sake of process" and not for the sake of financial results. If you have such a purely research and cognitive interest, then why dilute the fludoteme on the forum, when you can just talk to people who have already achieved the result, and find out everything from them? They will advise you and the correct vector of research, and in the nuances corrected, if anything. Then you will publish an article with the formula for the market and everyone will rave about how clever and genius you are. The only problem is that the market does not care about your formula and works according to other laws. And as soon as some theorist writes that this is the market formula, there will immediately be practitioners in the market who will decide (and can) refute it. If you like, it is a defensive reaction of the market against someone starting to control it in a highly effective way. That is why this kind of research with published results is meaningless.

Alexander_K:

And this daddy blurted something out and went on to the beer stall.

Uh-huh, Oleg, Oleg... You believe the first person you see...

Don't let it go to your head.

Alexander_K:

:))) I keep trying to get through to your clever head. I need all sorts of market research - entropy, ACF, etc. Preferably in the form of articles. I have no time, but you're still fooling around and slowly turning into the village idiot Bass. Get it?

I think you just want me to get banned for mating with you)

Reason: