From theory to practice - page 1811

jori77:

And gold;)

The hen and the pound are as thick as thieves ;)

Can you tell me, what is the benefit of correlation?

Did one currency go one way with the other and then diverge. Or do they always dance together.

How do you get the benefit?

Can anyone explain?

Uladzimir Izerski:

Did one currency go one way with the other and then diverge. Or do they always dance together.

Can someone explain?

There's even an open signal on this topic from a comrade here, a couple of years ago.

Two threads are open on the subject. It's all been explained in detail.

But the grail still hasn't been laid out yet.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Can anyone explain?

It's like two alcoholics, if they split up, they're bound to get back together... but not always)

Uladzimir Izerski:

Can anyone explain?

If your charts (which you have thrown here) tell you something - where/when and how much to open - that's the grail. Do not fill your head with unnecessary things. Especially if you have been using your charts for a long time. If you have the desire to "grow", you need education and regular trainings, but usually it is very difficult to remake yourself... Charts help and great!

All you have to do is watch where your "system" fails. That is, when and why there is a threat of losing money or a deposit. And control those moments and work on them. Except for you, no one knows these moments and how to work with them. You can probably give recommendations, but you have to trade, not the "expert" later ;)

That's probably all there is to know about trading.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Indeed! Does it make sense to calculate the correlations of currencies (not pairs)?

Like this

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Indeed! Does it make sense to calculate the correlations of currencies (not pairs)?

Something like this.

I used to make an artificial flat from a set of currencies with different lot sizes.

In order to buy it, I had to sell this set of lots, and sell it the other way round.

On the chart there was a flat flat with 7 or so +- waves. But it was scattered too))))

Well, you should have traded a breakdown or a pullback after a flat... that's all :)

Aleksander:
You should have traded a breakthrough or a pullback after a flat... that's all :)

If I didn't like it, I didn't like it. That's all there is to it)))

It's clear to me that the correlation is a muddle, but I wondered if there was something I hadn't seen. Everyone is so understanding about it.

I thought I'd ask just in case. People are fishing in troubled waters, and I'm the only one sitting on the shore.)

Reason: