MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 19

tara:

Mladen, it's easier for me to answer in Russian, especially as you read fluently.

Here is my solution to this problem. In code init() I include function ReInit(), which re-initializes those global variables, whose values should be restored when changing a timeframe, or a symbol:

It's about something else. A string value from an extern variable is lost when the chart symbol/TF is changed.

komposter:
It's about something else. The string value from the extern variable is lost when the chart symbol/TF is changed.
Yes, it's definitely a bug.

komposter:
It's about the other. The string value from the extern variable is lost when the chart symbol/TF is changed.

There is an excellent solution - to superimpose one bug on the other. The curve Static will save - it is initialized once in MQL - before the first call of init() :)

ZS By the way, that would make two features :)

I'll put together some of what I've come across myself (a lot has already been talked about):

1. The open/close arrows in testing (both with and without visualisation) are created with time = 0, so are not visible in the chart. The line from open to close is there.
  2. Tester, Expert Advisor settings window: When I try to set the parameter to 0, nothing happens (the old value remains). If you remove the entered value and press ENTER, the value will be 0.
  3. Debugging does not work (EA crashes with "shutdown by timeout")
  4. start() (as well as OnTick()) without RefreshRates in the beginning does not update the predefined Bid and Ask.
  5. Sometimes, when restarting EA, after recompiling, Bars returns something strange (less than 100) (may be, it has something to do with RefreshRates too ).
And one crashed when running testing. Well, you can solve it by yourself.

6. The slip in the tester "puts you to sleep" not the historical time, but the real time =)

Please explain why the results of two functions for copying are different:

ArrayCopy (llow,Low);             и              ArrayCopySeries (llow,  1);

I've read help, but still don't understand why ArrayCopySeries() returns correct result andArrayCopy doesn't.

Please advise how to copy array time series value (let it be Low[]) into llow array in amount X, but with offset in Y bars.

ArrayCopy (llow, Low, Y, 0, X);

It somehow doesn't work, it does something, but not what I need.

I can't download the history. It downloads for a minute, but then writes that the file is wrong and does not recalculate the rest of the history.

The first time I downloaded it, I got this error, deleted all the history, downloaded it again, same song. What's wrong?

ALXIMIKS:

I've read the help, but I still don't understand why ArrayCopySeries() returns the correct result and ArrayCopy doesn't.

Please advise how to copy array time series value (let it be Low[]) into llow array in amount X, but with offset in Y bars.

It somehow doesn't work, it does something, but not what I need.

Does it work somewhere (in old MT4 or MT5)?

I ask the developers to revisit my application #751279

In my opinion it's about time

ALXIMIKS:

I've read help, but still don't understand why ArrayCopySeries() returns correct result and ArrayCopy doesn't.

Doesn't work somehow, it does something, but not what I need.

Zhunko:

Yes. Trouble. :-(

I suspect that "Predefined Variables" doesn't have data continuity as in arrays. It's probably referring to members of bar structures.

It turns out that "Predefined variables" are not arrays.
Reason: