MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 14

dimeon:
When installing new build on one terminal, the meta-editor is updated on others. Which is too bad. The new compiler is still glitchy. The old one isn't. What to do?

Renat: In order not to affect updates of other terminals, just delete directory C:\ProgramData\MetaQuotes\WebInstall after successful test terminal update.

FAQ :this is for Windows and up, for Mac: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\.

1) static variables are not reset to zero when extern and input variables of the indicator are changed, is it supposed to be like this?

2) When updating a chart (PCM--Refresh) event OnCalculate(........ long variant....) is processed twice in a row in the indicator, should it be like this?

MetaDriver:
The debugger works! That's awesome.
How do you run it? My debugger buttons aren't active.

Barbarian:
How do you run it? My debugger buttons are not active.

I have F5 circle green with triangle as player ( button start debugging/execution) everything starts - new chart opens, but what to do on it, I'm not sure anymore(

ALXIMIKS:

I have F5 circle green with triangle as a player ( button to start debugging/execution) everything runs - new chart opens, but what to do on it, I'm not sure anymore(

Maybe I didn't start the editor correctly? Describe how you started the editor and MT4?

PS. The question is removed, the code should be placed in the appropriate directory ...\MQL4\ But I still don't understand how to use the debugger. I select breakpoints, press F5, the terminal launches and nothing happens. The code is located in ...\MQL4\experts.

I cannot understand why the X:\ProgramData\MetaQuotes directory is constantly being created.

Are there plans to implement SymbolSelect, if so when?

Barbarian:

PS. The question is removed, the code should be placed in the appropriate directory ...\MQL4\ But I still don't understand how to actually use the debugger. I select breakpoints, press F5, the terminal launches and nothing happens. The code is in the ...\MQL4\experts directory

I haven't used the debugger for a long time. Seems to be the way to do everything - stop (pause) the debugger at the right place and then do step-by-step debugging (you have to select "step in", "step out" or "step out").
Only it seems to me that step-by-step debugging is not implemented yet, or the debugger doesn't work like in MT5.

Interesting:
I haven't used the debugger for a long time. Seems to be the way to do everything - stop (pause) the debugger at the right place and then do step-by-step debugging (you have to select "step in", "step out" or "step out").
Only it seems to me that step-by-step debugging is not implemented yet, or the debugger doesn't work like in MT5.
Probably you are right, we should wait for the release. Then it won't be difficult to redo the code, because the editor detects syntax errors normally.

Guys who have an opportunity please upload WebInstall to 532 build on file hosting...
Reason: