MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 120

stringo:

We don't know what parameters you use to call the function whose code you presented.

Again, give your example with your call of this function! If it's difficult for you to do it, we will solve other problems in the meantime

Believe me, this is not the best way to solve problems. If you solve one or the other, none of the problems will be solved completely or in time.
About the graphical objects... there are some little things left, but they make the job absolutely impossible.
For example:
1) Text labels change their location. Below is a simple indicator. When you change the displayed number from single digit to double digit, the label shifts. It seems that even though ANCHOR is set as 4 (i.e. lower right corner) when the value is changed the label is redrawn over the upper left corner. Throw the indicator on the 1M chart and wait for the bar value to change.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Custom indicator deinitialization function                       |
void OnDeinit(const int reason)
  {
//----
  ObjectDelete("range1"); 
//----
  }
//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
int start()
  {
//----
   double hl = (High[0]-Low[0])/Point;

SetLabel("range1", DoubleToStr(hl,1), "Tahoma", clrRed, 1, 30, 3, 4, 9);
}
void SetLabel(string nm, string tx, string ft,color cl, int xd, int yd, int cr=0, int anch=0, int fs=9) {
  if (ObjectFind(nm)<0) ObjectCreate(nm, OBJ_LABEL, 0, 0,0);
  ObjectSetText(nm, tx, fs,ft);
  ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_COLOR,     cl);
  ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, xd);
  ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, yd);
  ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_CORNER,    cr);
  ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_ANCHOR,  anch);
  ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_FONTSIZE , fs);
}

2) double click highlights the mark but try moving it. Has this not been noticed? You don't need examples for that either.

3) In one of my indicators, the coordinates of several objects are linked to the coordinates of the main object. When moving the main one in 5 and in all builds up to 556, all the others moved as well. Now (556 onwards) all except OBJ_LABEL are moved. (The function for moving objects is taken from MT5 examples, it hasn't changed, but it stopped working in 556th build).

stringo:

Actually, SymbolInfoTick should work.

Let's figure it out

Did you check GetLastError after the function call?

It goes like this...

pro_:

Believe me, this is not the best way to solve problems. If you solve one or the other, none of the problems will be solved until the end, or in time.
As for the graphical objects... there are some little things left, but they make the job absolutely impossible.
For example:
1) Text labels change their location. Below is a simple indicator. When you change the displayed number from single digit to double digit, the label shifts. It seems that even though ANCHOR is set as 4 (i.e. lower right corner) when the value is changed the label is redrawn over the upper left corner. Throw the indicator on the 1M chart and wait for the bar value to change.

2) Double click highlights the mark, but try moving it. Has this not been noticed? You don't need examples for that either.

3) In one of my indicators, the coordinates of several objects are linked to the coordinates of the main object. When moving the main one in 5 and in all builds up to 556, all the others moved as well. Now (556 onwards) all except OBJ_LABEL are moved. (The function for moving objects is taken from MT5 examples, not changed, but no longer works in 556th build).

Yeah, it's cool, the point moves but the object doesn't...

VOLDEMAR:

Yeah, that's funny, the point moves but the object doesn't...
Already fixed. Wait for the next build.

VOLDEMAR:

Yeah, it's cool, the point moves and the object doesn't...

Guys, stop asking MQ to fix anything, it's firstly humiliating and secondly useless judging by the responses. It feels like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. By not fixing their bugs, MQ risk reducing the audience of MT4 users, so don't sweat it for now and wait. Once the platform is launched with bugs, either they will fix everything quickly or there will be an outflow of clients (DCs, brokerage houses, etc.) as clients will refuse to switch to the new platform with bugs and will stay on the old 509.

Barbarian:

Guys, stop asking MQ to fix anything, it's firstly humiliating and secondly useless judging by the responses. It feels like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. By not fixing their bugs, MQ risk reducing the audience of MT4 users, so don't sweat it for now and wait. Once the platform is launched with bugs, either they will fix everything quickly or there will be an outflow of clients (DCs, brokerage houses, etc.) as clients will refuse to switch to the new platform with bugs and will stay on the old 509.

Barbarian, I understand, but I can not agree. They (whether bad or good) get the job done. Some bugs have already been fixed, others are waiting for their turn. I think there is no need to be offended by them, maybe only for the fact that some of our comments do not even see and do not respond to them, even negatively. Well, for example, more than one person asked to report what changes were made in each build. No response. At least they would say "NO !".
But nevertheless I don't see anything humiliating in reporting a problem, asking to fix it or pointing out someone's mistake.
And about "right hand and left hand" :) I already said that it seems to work more than one group, and builds are issued regardless of what we are promised here. We have to wait for the next build.

Barbarian:

pro_:

Guys... Have you forgotten the name of this thread? If you came here to yell and show off your arrogance, you did it.

Don't stand in the way of others quietly continuing testing and searching for bugs. You're making a big fuss. Everything is being looked for and fixed. The amount of work is not small, it will come to your "particularly important" requirements.

Believe me, others want to see fixes too. Just in other areas. Let's rip the MC guys ...

What a bunch of... Beta testers...

No offence.

stringo:
Already fixed. Wait for next build

About the software move, do something about it.

Wahoo:

It goes like this...

Thank you. Fixed SymbolInfoTick

artmedia70:

Guys... Have you forgotten the name of this thread? If you came here to yell and show your arrogance, you've done it.

Don't stop the rest of us from quietly continuing to test and find bugs. You're making a big fuss. Everything is being looked for and fixed. The amount of work is not small, it will come to your "particularly important" requirements.

Believe me, others want to see fixes too. Just in other areas. Let's rip the MC guys ...

What a bunch of... beta testers ...

No offense.

Artem, this isn't the first time you've read one thing and seen another. I'm not yelling at anyone here and the arrogance to show me no reason and no time, and dissolve the nagging is not in my habits.

The moment I get tired of testing and helping solve the bugs I'll just leave for a while, especially because there are other more important things to do. But so far I have not given anything but constructive feedback. So you really shouldn't drag me into it.

Feel like a beta-moderator :).

No offense.
Reason: