If bot doesn't work as expected should client still pay

I have a client who wants me to build a bot, that's based on an indicator. In a situation where the strategy doesn't perform as they expect it to when they backtest the bot i will build for them and they refuse to pay cause it not what they expected there strategy to be profited. What should i do? or should i ask for the payment now? this is my first time building a bot for some one and i need to know how experienced people do it

1. Get a signed specification from the client, of what/when it should trade.
  2. Code it and get paid.
  3. Whether the strategy is profitable or not is irrevalent.

martinnyirenda:
I have a client who wants me to build a bot, that's based on an indicator. In a situation where the strategy doesn't perform as they expect it to when they backtest the bot i will build for them and they refuse to pay cause it not what they expected there strategy to be profited. What should i do? or should i ask for the payment now? this is my first time building a bot for some one and i need to know how experienced people do it

If you do it through Freelance, the process means that they have to deposit the funds and the funds are locked when an agreement is reached. That means that you know that you will get paid and it doesn't matter whether the EA is profitable are not.

As a coder, your only responsibility is to code the EA to execute according to the specifications supplied by the customer.

Never code the EA before agreement is reached and the funds are locked or you will risk not getting paid.

Reason: