MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 115

Why modify mt4 to the software functionality of mt5 when mt5 is already there?

Perhaps a better solution is to bring mt5 closer to mt4.

To prescribe in mt5 the trading conditions, that became "classic", or to launch the mt5 ganger with alternative trading conditions, similar to those of mt4, and according to the results of the platform's popularity among the masses to choose the most acceptable variant for further promotion.

Left the code in ServiceDesk on a topic open there.

pro_:

However, the drawing of objects is still by name, not by call order.

It is not yet known when this will be implemented.

RekkeR:

Why modify mt4 to the software functionality of mt5 when mt5 is already there?

Perhaps a better solution is to bring mt5 closer to mt4.

To prescribe in mt5 the trading conditions that have become "classic" or to launch the mt5 ganger with alternative trading conditions, similar to those of mt4, and according to the results of the platform getting to the masses to choose the most acceptable variant for further promotion.

Perhaps, the guys from METAQUOTES considered such a variant, but they rejected it for the reasons unknown to us, if only because we do not know all the details and problems. They live in these problems, and we pat them on the back and say "We have to do it this way! This is their job, not ours, and the one who does their job knows best how to do it.

Advice from others is easy to give, but it is harder to take it and do it!

You have to live within the problems, sleep with the problems.

On the one hand what you say seems better to you, there is another side to the fence and you and I do not see it while they see both sides :-)

For it is their creation and not ours.

-

Choose a viable option - does it mean - to spend a lot of time paying a salary and then choose a completely different path and run along it again, bumping heads?

Or are you suggesting to run two processes in a company by two teams - pay both teams and then roll one of the projects back at the end?

---

at the same time - i want to point out that sometimes it's possible to generate ideas from the outside

because there's a situation where the so-called trained eye

a fresh dilettante comes along and throws an idea - and it might do the trick.

YuraZ:

Perhaps the guys from METAQUOTES considered such an option, but rejected it for reasons you and I do not know, if only because we do not know all the intricacies and problems. They live in these problems, and we pat them on the back and say "We have to do it this way! This is their job, not ours, and the one who does their job knows best how to do it.

On the one hand what you say seems better to you, there is another side to the fence and you and I do not see it while they see both sides :-)

-

Choose a viable option - does it mean - to spend a lot of time paying a salary and then choose a completely different path and run along it again, bumping heads?

Or are you suggesting to run two processes in a company by two teams, pay both teams and then to fold one of the projects at the end?

Sometimes it is better (more profitable, etc.) to stop in time than to create crutches and/or work out a new bicycle :)

Barbarian:

Sometimes it is better (more profitable, etc.) to stop in time than to create crutches and/or to dismantle a newly created bicycle :)

Are you saying that it's easier to take MT5 and just put MT4 order handling mechanism in it, remove some of the differences between MT5 and MT5 ...

You don't think you see only the tip of the iceberg and you simply misunderstand many of the processes

Do you think that METAQUOTES is now doing work reminiscent of reinventing the bicycle?

And if so, what are the criteria for that conclusion ?

--

Tell me - is it necessary to bring two programmers or one, to upgrade a software complex, which are sitting on one task.

With the understanding that one can do it easily

NO - why not with reason?

YES - why .... with reason

Dear developers, I understood that the ArrayCopyRates() function performs a virtual copying to MqlRates[] according to this help:

• ArrayCopyRates() also changed its behavior. Before it virtually copied to array double[][6], but now it virtually copied to array MqlRates[]. Copying to array double[][6] remains for compatibility purposes, but this copying is real, not virtual.
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/148325

Can I pass array of MqlRates[] structures as a parameter to imported function from dll?

"YuraZ:

Perhaps, the guys from METAQUOTES considered such a variant, but rejected it for the reasons that are unknown to us, if only because we do not know all the intricacies and problems. They live in these problems, and we pat them on the back and say "We have to do it this way! This is their job, not ours, and the one who does their job knows best how to do it.

On the one hand, what you're talking about seems better to you, there is another side to the fence and we cannot see it while they can see both sides :-)

-

Again, choose a viable option - what does it mean to spend a lot of time paying a salary and then choose a completely different path and run along it again, bumping heads?

Or do you propose to run two processes in a company by two teams - pay both teams and then at the end of one of the projects to fold ?

---

At the same time - I want to point out that sometimes it is possible to generate ideas from the outside

because there are situations where the eye is soaking in.

a fresh dilettante comes along and throws an idea - and it may well do the trick

But i want to point out that sometimes you can generate ideas from the side, because i have a sobered eye.

In my post there are no questions and no instructions or suggestions on how or what to do. The area highlighted above in delusion, characterises the stage at which things are now in this process. Adding to mt5 the possibility for the user to choose a trading scheme existing or added "classic" is probably a less costly way in all respects than the one that makes this forum thread exist.

To see a fence from all sides, fencing in a circle from the world, does not mean that all sides of the fence are visible.

))

RekkeR:

Definitely the mt5 platform is more advanced, perhaps even more so than is required of it, but the factors of different trading conditions negate this advantage.

In my post questions and no guidance or suggestions as to how or what to do. The area highlighted above in delusion, characterises the stage at which things are now in this process. Adding to mt5 the possibility for the user to choose a trading scheme existing or added "classic" is probably a less costly way in all respects than the one that makes this forum thread exist.

To see a fence from all sides, fencing in a circle from the world, does not mean that all sides of the fence are visible)).

For me, the most important thing in the platforms is a configurable tester with the ability to download their quotes and the ability to test strategies with all the nuances - that is, as in real life or as close to real.

I.e. the result of testing in the tester should be almost exactly like in real life, or worse (drawdowns more), but not better.

That is, time spent creating strategies that work well in the tester, but do not work in the real world, is almost wasted due to inaccurate testing (in the tester).

The second place is occupied by the capabilities of programming the terminal language, its speed, the number of source codes (written and tested over many years), the number of convenient functions and classes.

I consider MetaTrader 4 to be better than MetaTrader 5 right now because of the tester's capabilities, and with the introduction of OOP in MetaTrader 4 and other improvements, it's getting even better.

stringo:

It is not yet known when this will be implemented.

Well, if this problem is on your radar, that's already a good thing. I hope to get to it soon. In relation to the problem with drawing order of objects a few days ago, I asked if it is possible to create objects(OBJ_BUTTON and OBJ_EDIT) that are not in bounds and always drawn on top of trendlines, fibos, horizontal lines and so on. Perhaps my post was just not noticed, but I would like you to take this detail into account.

Reason: