Interesting and humorous - page 60

>

who's that clown? :)

is he an academic? hilarious.

it's a story about a flat planet that turns round as a result of spinning - that kind of hints...

has the uncle ever tried to spin a pancake so that it... ...to shrink it into a doughnut?

you should... a fucking theorist...

I was more horrified that the Earth's axis would begin to rotate in a second plane, causing entire continents to go under water.

More than 20 years ago in a dream I saw such a wall of Black Sea water looming over Sevastopol. The horror I felt at the time was simply indescribable. A wave capable of washing away the entire population of Crimea. What touched me was the story of this academic. Argumentative as it is, man.

P.S.

To die is not terrible - medics once injected me something that I began to lose consciousness and fell into death. The sensations were the same as those one experiences when sinking into sleep. Only you don't lose control of your surrounding reality and you don't see pictures/situations of another reality (dreams) - you stay here and perceive your surroundings as distant, as if they were behind a wall. So it's not death that frightens this guy's story, but hopelessness and inevitability.

I also dreamt about a tsunami, and the doom in it, pretty convincing, I believed...

sometimes i remember psychologically dying in a dream, and especially the moment of "resurrection", maybe it was the strongest feelings of horror and joy in my life :)

and i don't believe the man, such universal affairs are clearly not in his competence

I wonder how the moderators are actually controlled in nuclear power plants. Is there an automatic stop provided, e.g. once a day you have to press a button, if the button is not pressed, the retarder is disabled and it goes into the reactor. That would make sense. How does it actually work?

PapaYozh:

As Russia descends into the Middle Ages, Voyager1 leaves the confines of the solar system.

Knowing Russia's position in current space research, one is reminded of an old anecdote:

Joliot Curie stayed in occupied Paris during the war and helped the underground to make homemade bombs.
Witnesses claimed to have seen him shouting while throwing such a bomb at a German tank: - And I'm doing this kind of bullshit while the British and Americans are making an atomic bomb!

Integer:
I wonder how the moderators are actually controlled in nuclear power plants. Is there an automatic stop provided, e.g. once a day you have to press a button, if the button is not pressed, the retarder is disabled and it goes into the reactor. That would make sense. How does it actually work?
NP-082-07 "Nuclear Safety Regulations for NPP Reactors",
paragraph 2.3.2. Emergency protection system

denis_orlov:
You there in St. Petersburg could well take off, you have the same reactors there as in Chernobyl.

DmitriyN:
NP-082-07 "Regulations on Nuclear Safety of NPP Distribution Gear",
paragraph 2.3.2. Emergency protection system

Aha:

2.3.2.25. The automatic shutdown must occur at least in the following cases:

- Upon reaching the alarm set point for neutron flux density;

- upon reaching the alarm setpoint by rate of increase of neutron flux density;

- failure of any two of the three channels, and the failure of any two of the three channels, and the failure of the three channels, and the failure of the three channels;

- failure of any two of the three channels of neutron flux density protection or neutron flux acceleration rate protection in any set of EPS equipment that has not been put out of operation;

- at reaching of the alarm settings by the process parameters, for which the protection is to be implemented;

- at initiation of the protection device activation by the key from the control unit (RCU).

If it feeds itself?

There is a clause:

2.3.2.28. The performance of the reactor emergency protection function shall not depend on the availability and condition of power sources.

We must assume that the protection is powered by batteries, but what if they are automatically recharged from the electricity of the NPP itself?

The question is - if you remove all service personnel from the nuclear power plant, how long will it run? Will there be an automatic shutdown?

denis_orlov:

has your uncle ever tried spinning a pancake so that it... into a doughnut?

Here's a theory on the formation of planets
http://galspace.spb.ru/indvop.file/45.html
Reason: