AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 91

joo:
During optimisation, the tester uses all available processor cores

it doesn't seem to be

joo:
During the optimization the tester uses all available processor cores (or processors). What do you want to achieve by running several optimization processes? Not clear.

Peterka, MT5 uses

mt4 does not

---

when running specifically on mt4, it does the right thing...

on mt5 the optimization is already programmatically done on different cores, it does not make much sense there

if you use processors of other machines - via a local network with the help of agents

Optimization can be dramatically accelerated (depending on number of machines available via LAN or WAN)

---

From this point of view it is cheaper and more reasonable to write the code in MQL5

Oops. The previous question was answered on MT5. By inertia of thought I thought it was also about MT5. I will have to run several terminals on 4.

Mikhail and Yuri are correct, I agree.

PS. The "net" increase will not be obtained in any case. And when launching several MT4 terminals simultaneously to parallelize the task, there will be additional overheads for the terminals themselves. That's why I think it's not worth the trouble to manually parallelize processes on 4.

joo:

Oops. My previous question was about MT5. Inertia of my mind has led me to believe that it also concerns MT5. I will have to run several terminals on 4.

Mikhail and Yuri are correct, I agree.

PS. I will not get a "net" gain in any case. And when you start several MT4 terminals at the same time to parallelize the task, there will be additional overhead costs for the terminals themselves. That's why I think that such a painful task as manual paralleling of processes on 4 is not worthwhile.

By the way, I thought you were talking about MT5

--

In general, the algorithms should be ported to MT5 and written in MQL5 to obtain a gain in optimization speed.

Very extensive thought out optimization with the use of agents!

If there is a network and free machines in the network, the optimization can be reduced many times over, if the idle resources are intelligently allocated

In addition, the developers said that a service for selling/buying the power of remote agents might be available....

A picture comes to mind: "Millions of traders' computers united through agents grind the market.... The pulse of the market is beating less and less.... All world prices of raw materials, commodities and currencies are frozen at 1.00000.... The balance has been reached... The trading profession is gone...."

Brrrr.

chelsanya:

that no one has been able to beat the optimisation time?

My mt4 result: using two cores gives a 92% gain

YuraZ:

In general, it is more reasonable to port algorithms to MT5 and write them in MQL5 to get a growth and optimization speed

Optimization using agents is very well thought out!

Of course agents are good, but optimization in MT5 is very slow. Even on the model - only the opening price .

The tester is very crude, multicurrency testing is not working correctly. So transferring algorithms to MT5 is not reasonable.

joo:

In addition, the developers said that a service for selling/buying the power of remote agents might be available....

A picture comes to mind: "Millions of traders' computers united by agents are crushing the market.... The pulse of the market is beating less and less.... All world prices of raw materials, commodities and currencies are frozen at 1.00000.... The balance has been reached... The trading profession is gone...."

Brrrr.

Andrei.
You mean efficiency?

The old fairy tale. And always a fairy tale.

===

About the efficiency of the markets, of course, is meant.
But that's never going to happen. You're just holding the wrong MODEL in your head.
The market is about something else. It's not in the wankers. It's in the market makers.

You just need to be aware of the signs of their - um - activity. And don't suffer from delusions of grandeur...))

===

I'm not talking about you. It's a common delusion - people think that the market knows something about their open positions...))) It's all over the place.

That's right, it's about to hit a thousand quid in profits and I'm going to close... ))))))))

Very funny...

It's even funnier when they think they can anticipate the actions of m-m. It's even more solid and rowdy. I won't even point the finger.

Al-Qaeda rests...

Svinozavr:
Старая сказка. И всегда - сказка. ... Очень смешно...

You can laugh, of course, but the efficiency of markets has increased in recent years. This is an objective fact.

Svinozavr:
The market is in something else. It's not in the wankers. It's in the market makers.

What is the market where there are no market makers? I.e. most of the financial markets in the world.