several mt5 for one account

Hello !

With Mt4 when I was running a lot of algo on the same account it was more efficient to install more than one mt4 platform with the EAs on it.

For example with an EA on 15 charts. It's much more efficient to install 3 mt4 and put 5 charts on each platform. (this allows to distribute the work on several core of the processor).

does this also apply to MT5 ? As Mt5 is in 64bit and that it directly uses several cores can be that it is of no use?

What do you think ? better 1 mt5 with 15 charts with EA OR then 3 mt5 with 5 charts on each?

Thank you !

It that's on one machine, I don't think there's a difference for MT5.

In fact, cpu load and ram usage will be higher on the same machine due to overhead.

But, you can always have the same MT5 account running terminals on different machines running different EAs to balance the loadings.

okayjustask:

It that's on one machine, I don't think there's a difference for MT5.

In fact, cpu load and ram usage will be higher on the same machine due to overhead.

But, you can always have the same MT5 account running terminals on different machines running different EAs to balance the loadings.

Thank you for your answer.

yes it is for one machine. I have a dedicated server on which I install my platforms.

1 years later do some people have experiences to share?

I'm still not sure if with a lot of charts it is better to have several MT5s connected to the same account or all the charts in a single mt5?

for example for 15 charts, it is better 1 mt5 with 15 charts or 3 mt5 with 5 charts each ? ( 15 charts with big EA)

TheAccountantmt4 #:

1 years later do some people have experiences to share?

I'm still not sure if with a lot of charts it is better to have several MT5s connected to the same account or all the charts in a single mt5?

for example for 15 charts, it is better 1 mt5 with 15 charts or 3 mt5 with 5 charts each ? ( 15 charts with big EA)

Of course several MT5 can login and trade on the one and only account of a trader. BUT they might interfere by e.g. closing the positions of the other MT5s. (Therefore exists the investor password: just looking and not changing.)

Carl Schreiber #:

Of course several MT5 can login and trade on the one and only account of a trader. BUT they might interfere by e.g. closing the positions of the other MT5s. (Therefore exists the investor password: just looking and not changing.)

thank you .... but that's not the question I asked at all   :-)

Reason: