A visual studio on the MT4 platform. - page 9

Actually, this thread is about promoting a commercial product, i.e. advertising...

Реter Konow:

to come up with another name. Maybe you can suggest something?

Interface

Face controller

Windows for free

Aknoshka

The window controller is automatic

Peter Konov Studio

Dmitriy Skub:
Peter Konov Studio

"Studio" is a no-no. It's probably patented too )))).

The GUI Creator makes more sense.

Karputov Vladimir:
There is no competition. For example, take the notion of a panel: only a few people use a true class-based panel for creating display panels and control dialogues, while the rest use ObjectCreate() in the style of the old MQL4 programming language.

Vladimir, you shouldn't confuse the issue. Otherwise, you could go so far as to say that any panel must be based on the standard MQ class. So, it turns out that my car's sunroof control panel is not a panel at all? I can't find anything from MQ in the sunroof control box, neither standard classes, nor anything from MQL... And the window in the room is not a window at all - it has nothing from MS...

A panel in the terminal is a user program control, and it doesn't matter what it's made with, with the help of standard classes or our own. A panel made with a non standard class - is still a panel, it looks like a panel (and can even be more beautiful) and behaves as a panel.

Now look around in the standard classes - there is a problem - they are constructed with graphical objects. This is about the dismissive "ObjectCreate() in the old MQL4 programming language style".

And finally: if we use non-standard classes as trading functions, it means that we do not open positions? It's not positions anymore? And what then?

Well, there's something like that ...

Alexander Puzanov:

Actually, this thread is about promoting a commercial product, i.e. advertising...

Please note that the topic under discussion is of a general nature about a new tool as such, without reference to my possible product, which in fact does not yet exist. If the developers prove that they are not interested in such a tool, then no products of this type will be offered by me either.

Artyom Trishkin:

Vladimir, you shouldn't confuse the issue. Otherwise, you could go so far as to say that any panel must be based on the standard MQ class. So, it turns out that my car's sunroof control panel is not a panel at all? I can't find anything from MQ in the sunroof control box, neither standard classes, nor anything from MQL... And the window in the room is not a window at all - it has nothing from MS...

A panel in the terminal is a user program control, and it doesn't matter what it's made with, with the help of standard classes or our own. A panel made with a non standard class - is still a panel, it looks like a panel (and can even be more beautiful) and behaves as a panel.

Now look around in the standard classes - there is a problem - they are constructed with graphical objects. This is about the dismissive "ObjectCreate() in the old MQL4 programming language style".

And finally: if we use non-standard classes as trading functions, it means that we do not open positions? It's not positions anymore? And what then?

Somehow ...

All of us (even if not all, but 90%) were brought up with windowed interface starting from Windows 3.1. It is in this vein that I advocate looking at the interface of programs - we need to use the most familiar visual styles, shapes and layouts.

Besides, the display panel on the standard library handles events of switched on controls perfectly - which is not the case with "homemade" controls.

And yes, MQL4 should have been retired long ago. Its time is over.

Added:

Quit the discussion for 24 hours.

Реter Konow:
Do developers need a Visual Studio to develop the interface of their applications on MT4/MT5 platforms?
It's all toys, you'll get tired of playing, you'll get down to serious stuff... (IMHO)

Karputov Vladimir:

All of us (not all of us, but 90%) have been nurtured since childhood on a window-based interface since Windows 3.1. It is in this vein that I advocate looking at software interfaces - you need to use the most familiar visual styles, shapes and layouts.

Besides, the display panel on the standard library handles events of switched on controls perfectly - which is not the case with "homemade" controls.

And yes, MQL4 should have been retired long ago. Its time is over.

Added:

Out of the discussion for 24 hours.

MS-DOS was the starting point.

The software interface, if it were only standard windows and everyone was so clumsy as the proposed standard solutions, then everyone would die of boredom :) Look at programs like Adobe Photoshop for example or Autodesk 3D Studio MAX. They're kind of established, no? Are they as clumsy as the standard MQ library? No. What people need is originality and a memorable interface, not some clumsy standards that are not standards at all, but only a minimum sentence to facilitate the writing of program interfaces.

Moreover, correctly written custom controls not only perfectly capture all the events of the controls, but also have much more comprehensive functionality than the standard set provided by the standard library.

And, yes, it's not for us to decide, but for the end users, who gets to retire and when. For now, most are still on MT4 and the time for MT5 is just beginning, which doesn't stop us from making programs for both MT4 and MT5.

Added. I'll be on my way too.

Vladimir Pastushak:
It's all toys, you'll get tired of playing, get serious... (IMHO)
Please explain what you mean by "serious things"?

Karputov Vladimir:

All of us (not all of us, but 90%) have been nurtured since childhood on a window-based interface since Windows 3.1.

Too bad we were "fed" since childhood by someone else's mother (Windows).
Reason: