A visual studio on the MT4 platform. - page 8

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

IMHO, no one will buy it.

It is based on the erroneous thesis, in my opinion, that every program in the market needs an interface. Therefore, the developers' predicted interest, in my opinion, is farfetched )

Only a separate class of programs - panels (for trade and not so much) need a full-fledged interface, the rest have only a standard parameters window or, at most, some buttons. But the developer of the panel is unlikely to use (much less buy) someone else's ready-made library of interfaces, rather write something for your own specific task.

They are all such skeptics - these developers, they trust only their own code)

I must clarify the theses underlying my project:

1. People are looking for ways to empower their ideas (in this case, both developers and traders).
  2. People find ways to empower their ideas and never give them up.

Yury Kulikov:
An odd solution - the programme is on one graphic and its interface is on another graphic.
The solution has not been adopted and is still under development.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

IMHO, no one will buy it.

It is based on the erroneous thesis, in my opinion, that every program in the market needs an interface. Therefore, the developers' predicted interest, in my opinion, is farfetched )

Only a separate class of programs - panels (for trade and not so much) need a full-fledged interface, the rest have only a standard parameters window or, at most, some buttons. But the developer of the panel is unlikely to use (much less buy) someone else's ready-made library of interfaces, rather write something for your own particular task.

They are all such skeptics - these developers, they trust only their own code )

The key point here is development time. Time spent on development is equal to a certain amount of means spent. And this connection is the most direct and concrete. Consequently, if the author offers a way to provide the same solution but it will take incommensurably less time to implement it, it will be interesting.

Although, indeed, the author has chosen a very niche and specific direction. The users don't need his solution, because the form without filling, no matter how beautiful it is, nobody is interested in it. There are very few programmers. Of those that are there, very few people write panels, why is a separate conversation. And those few that remain, it's not so easy to convince them to use something else, even if it gives some advantages.

The MQL market is very niche and a very small market. If there were hundreds of millions of users and tens of thousands of programmers, then, yes, development in theb2b segment would make sense. Right now the volumes are not the same.

By the way,"Visual Studio" (c) is a patentable name and if you try to sell it, you may be buried under a fanfare for several million quid. :) Remember the lawsuits between Apple and Samsung and the reasons for them.

I think that Market, if it is not crazy, will not sell it.

PS Translating product names into English on the Market is a must.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

By the way, "Visual Studio" (c) is a patentable name and if you try to sell it, you may be buried under a fanfare for several million quid. :) Remember Apple and Samsung's lawsuits and reasons for them.

Thank you very much for the warning. The thought that I could be inadvertently subjected to a lawsuit by Microsoft never crossed my mind. Of course I don't want to end up in headlines like:"APPLE and SAMSUNG have already been hit by lawsuits, now it's the turn of the MQL Market vendor!" or "Where can a poor programmer get a few million sued by Bill Gates?

With all due respect, the problem is a very serious one. We'll have to be remarkably linguistically flexible and come up with another title. Perhaps you can suggest something?

Реter Konow:

... Maybe you can suggest something?

"Interface Builder", "Form Builder", "Interface Editor".

Friends, I propose to discuss the following aspect of the project under discussion (I'll continue calling it "Visual Studio" for now):

Changes in the conditions of competition between developers and sellers in the MQL Market, with the appearance of a new tool that balances to a large extent the graphic capabilities of professionals and dilettantes.

I ask everyone to share their opinions.

Karputov Vladimir:
"Interface Builder", "Form Builder", "Interface Editor".
Great! Thank you.))

Реter Konow:

Dear friends, I propose to discuss the next aspect of the project under discussion (I'll continue calling it "Visual Studio" for now):

Changes in the conditions of competition between developers and sellers in the MQL Market, with the appearance of a new tool, to a large extent balancing the graphical capabilities of professionals and dilettantes.

Everyone is welcome to share their opinions.

There is no competition. Take, for example, the concept of panel: only a few use a true class-based panel to create display panels and control dialogs, the rest - a solid ObjectCreate() in the style of the old MQL4 programming language.

The project is originally a lost cause because it is not correctly positioned - you should have switched to MQL5 a long time ago.
Reason: