Suggestion to forum admins - page 32

A common problem I see in forums such as this are people who post remarks without any valid evidence, or people who repeatedly troll in threads without substantiating their claims.

To differentiate these trolls/uninformed users, one of the common indicators is to check the Post Count of the poster, where a higher post count means the user is more active, and thus, more credible, or the Join Date of the user, where a user who joined earlier is more trustworthy than one who just joined fairly recently. However, this fails to take into consideration several important points,

1) The troll may have been active for a longer duration

2) The troll may have racked up a high post count by simple virtue of posting multiple times with the same one liner/one word accusations/retorts.

Thus, I'd like to suggest to the forum admins to install a vbulletin Reputation Point system which is fairly common in most vb installations these days, where users can add to the reputation of users who post insightful/helpful comments, allowing users to make a more informed decision of whose Post to trust vs whose is a probable troll.

Hi beckham.is.619,

This system works but it will not help so much.

Because the trolls are having different agenda and reasons. And banning will not help so much.

The only way to survive - just make it to publicity.

For example, some thread started (any thread - for example), and the thread was trolled (for example). So, anyone can make a post on this thread where we are now https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178632 with the link asking admins/moderators to take a look and make an action. In this case - the trolls will lose their personal real reputation in public. Not some virtual forum reputation - they will lose real life personal reputation. It works in most of the cases.

Moderators/admins are having some limitation about personal opinion expressing for example. But any forum members - they do not have this limitation. And the reason as "your post was deleted because members of the forum complained" can be the main reason for any moderator to take an action against the troll.

"Members complained" - it is more significant reason for moderator to act against the troll than any other reasons.

Because if the member complain on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178632 so it is more official then any PM to forum admin.

It is official thread for such the cases and any other cases.

So, post link and so on.

Some members asked me by PM and using Contact Us forum email - about "how can we advertise/promote our commercial products/services on the forum for free?".

It is related to evaluation rules and evaluation commerial section and it was desribed many times.

read whole the thread:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/620-section-moderated

The other reminder.

As I see - some members are posting the requests to program EAs using some indicators.

Just to remind:

---------

Programmers (any programmers) are coding for free if

- it is interesting for them personally.

- Or if it is interesting for many members of this forum.

---------

So, to increase interest of the members (and of the programmers as well) - it may be good if the members will trade their systems.

Because if some member is asking to program EA and he never traded those indicators ... and no one knows: it is profitable system or not so - who will want to spend the time to program EA which can be totally losing?

To make it shorter:

Trade your systems (at least on demo), post your Metatrader statements with explanation, show your profitable system, and your requests about "please program EA from those indicators" will be accepted by many programmers.

Hi Newdigital:

A suggestion , i guess there needs a way to control who can rate and who cannot rate on threads may be who is rating should give a reason as well. This way threads will not get rated for no reason.

this is what i mean

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180550

a new thread some one shared indicators a rating goes down to 1 no apparent reason

-guyver

I do not understand why every time I make a post, it is moved at the end of some dead thread. What's worse it that often times the thread barely has anything at all to do with my question. For example, my latest post above Jforex was moved to the bottom of a thread titled "MT4/JForex Clients Bridge."

You did not make a post.

You made the threads.

And we are the forum with discussion and so on.

The thread should be interesting for all the members, popular and it should be many posts.

But in your case - it is just a post which I moved to some similar thread to continue the discussion.

How to find the right place to post?

Use 'Search' on the top of the page.

Look at this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178546

Stop moving my threads!

Every time I make a thread it gets moved by an admin to the end of some old dead thread. Thats not even the problem. The PROBLEM is that the threads my posts are moved to have absolutely NOTHING to do with my post.

For example my thread about using Fibonacci as a filter in EAs was moved to the end of a thread titled "MQL Learning." I know MQL! The thread I made is NOT about that.

It is probably futile to make this thread though..... im sure it will be moved to the end of a thread titled "How to make fresh brownies" or something equally unrelated.

Reason: