New Market - how do we sell new EAs now? - page 15

Vladimir Tkach:

On the subject of what the market has become.

the product description in the screenshot is not what the market has become - it's a trivial rule violation:

4.3 It is forbidden in the Product

• give offensive/irreverent names to product descriptions and products;
  • use images of money or jewellery in any form;
  • use any unaesthetic pictures as Product icons and screenshots.

such rule violations are quickly and effectively resolved by clicking the "Violation" button.

You don't need a staff of Market moderators and have to manually wait for weeks for each seller to post such violations in order to have them eliminated.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

in the product description screenshot -- that's not what the marketplace has become -- it's a trivial rule violation:

4.3 It is forbidden in a Product

• give offensive/irreverent names to product descriptions or to the Product itself;
  • use images of money or jewellery in any form;
  • use any unaesthetic pictures as Product icons and screenshots.

such rule violations are quickly and effectively resolved by clicking the "Violation" button.

There's no need to employ Market moderators and keep every seller waiting for weeks for such violations to be resolved manually.

I pressed that button, on an indicator that redraws a few! (the last 5 bars exactly), and there's not a word about it in the description, the product is still in Market, no one bothered to figure out what it counts as redrawing, etc.

Ilya Baranov:

15 pages of comments complaining about the glut of tester grails.

Why not make the tester work objectively and show more or less real results of the EA?

Clearly, it's impossible to make an ideal tester.

But it is realistic to cut off 90% of tester grails.

I have a suspicion that you have never used the tester.

Saw Georgiy Merts comment below, yes, that's about right. At least it's easier to make a tweak to the story than to specifically find and exploit the tester's flaws.

Ilya Baranov:

15 pages of comments complaining about the glut of tester grails.

Why not make the tester work objectively and show more or less real results of the EA?

Clearly, it is impossible to make an ideal tester.

But it is realistic to cut off 90% of tester grails.

The advantage of the testering grail is that the picture is obtained from the history. Any expert can be used for making the tester grail. We simply run the test on a long period of time. The one in which it shows good results at current settings is selected and a nice picture is drawn with it. So there is no cutoff for any changes in the tester. You just need to be more thoughtful when choosing a product, especially such a product, to which you are going to entrust working with your deposit.

Vladimir Tkach:

On the subject of what the market has become. It's not what you think it is, it's black. I put it on with a paintbrush, not what you think it is.

Product removed from display, author disqualified from sale.

Sergey Basov:

It's not a question of junk, it's not junk. The experiment with Donate in the marketplace will do, that's all. As they say, a negative result is also a result, or something like that. Who and what they say is not very interesting.

If users aren't interested, that's their problem, let them look for tester grails on the cheap next. ))

If a tool is given almost for free, which, purely theoretically, can be set up to make a profit, then why not take it and try it? I personally. will now follow up and purchase the tool in question. Only I don't quite understand what Donate is)

Konstantin Nikitin:

The good thing about the tester's grail is that the picture is obtained from the history. The testering grail can be obtained using any expert. The test is simply run on a long period of time. The one in which it shows good results at the current settings is selected and a nice picture is drawn based on it. So there is no cutoff for any changes in the tester. You just need to be more thoughtful when choosing a product, especially such a product, to which you are going to entrust working with your deposit.

On a long stretch, not from any stretch. In the short-run it is, in the long-run it is not. If on the "every tick" quotes the Expert Advisor shows a stable positive yield curve over the distance of at least 7-8 years, then it will most likely continue working in this way with these settings.

And in general, the notion of "tester's grail" In my opinion, the "tester grail" is a kind of Expert Advisors that show profit ONLY in the tester using imperfections of ticks modeling. For example all sorts of breakouts with short trawl. Because of real market conditions (slippage, delays) they cannot show the same result as in the tester. Even on past quotes, even on future ones, even on present ones.

Georgiy Merts:

The tester shows the REAL result of the Expert Advisor.

But on past quotes. If the tester Graal had been run with these settings in the past, it would have shown its "graal" result. Therefore, it will not "cut off" anything; tester grails quite rightly show their results. A tester grail is like a Sportlotto ticket filled out based on the results of the last draw. And demanding that the tester show a "more or less realistic performance" is like demanding that the TV show a "more or less" realistic result from the last draw, which will "cut off" my "grail" ticket on which I crossed out the numbers that fell out.

The whole problem is that you need the expert to work on future quotes, about which no one knows anything yet.

Wrong. You don't seem to understand what the tester's grail is.

Sergey Basov:

I have a suspicion that you have never used a tester.

Saw Georgiy Merts comment below, yes, that's about right. At least it's easier to make a tweak to the story than to specifically find and use the tester's flaws.

You just don't understand what the man is writing about. And Georgiy is of course right that the future is unknown, but this has nothing to do with the topic of testing and the tester grail at all.

Boris Gulikov:

You just don't understand what the man is writing about. And Georgi is of course right that the future is unknown, but this has nothing to do with the topic of testing and testering grail at all.

The mt5 tester has a lot of modes and timeframes of testing. How one may build a test grail is unclear to me, unreal. Most likely, this term is used by less successful traders
Reason: