Make your first million - page 208

Виталий Кононюк:

And if that's the case, why the 75% profit? If the losses are 30-50 quid and the profits 100-200, then 50/50 is fine.

Moreover, stable TS are those where the average profitable trade is three times or more than the average losing trade. At the same time, the percentage of wins in such TS is only about 30%.

Alexander Laur:

We haven't gone anywhere. The market itself is pushing for intraday trading:

Look at how much oscillatory movement the market makes during the day. It is these fluctuations that make you think about big lots and short targets. :)

But the market is not as simple as it may seem, so it offers such tricks:

That is, after opening a position, there is almost a no-holds-barred move against my position and eventually a stop out.

Yes, the 10% a day strategy does involve a "kamikaze" effect, I agree. But in 18 days I increased my deposit from $4.04 to $76.0, i.e. 19 times!

With your strategy it would take years to get such a result. And with even $5000 of deposit, your strategy won't let you live on your forex earnings.

We just use different approaches to trading.

Don't go against the trend and don't go in during a flat.

Виталий Кононюк:

Question.

Is volatility the same at different points in time?

And if so, why should the volume, stop and take be the same in different trades?

And if so, why do I need 75% profit? If losses are 30-50 quid and profits 100-200, then 50/50 is good enough.

75% meant making the right decision to exit a trade without fixed take and stop.

Zogman:

Look, if Soros and pro hedge funds are happy with 20% a year,

then how can we expect 1-3 a day?

well i understand that soros' leverage can't be 100 and even 10 is unlikely ,

but still...

Fuck, you have never been in a Virtual Reality? )) The leverage there is 1:10. In this case 1-3% even in these conditions - is very easily achieved simply by opening in the direction of the trend at the maximum margin ))
If we add a scalper algorithm to this, the percentage may easily increase 3 times. So, let's count. Even if we assume that Soros' leverage is 1:3 and he probably uses some advanced HFT algorithm, even if we use maximal margin the risk will be minimal. Profit I calculated above.
All geniuses are simple!!!
And who even told you that - how much does he have per year? Does he publish his earnings reports?

George Merts:
As far as I remember, he took advantage of the imperfect execution of DC orders. And he probably got his profit, but the shop was shut down and now such records can only be set by accident.
In general, this person is ambiguous... I actually suspect that it might have been a PR stunt. People decided to promote their super duper ECN. That's all. What was the problem he was talking about - no one can answer. ECN as such did not appear long ago. We have not received any technical information anywhere. So the question appears - where does this man get so much knowledge about how and what works? Only if he was not an insider.) For all this he claimed that he was programming because he didn't know anything about it. But when I examined his robot, which he allegedly wrote in one evening, I was flipping out, frankly speaking )). To cobble together such a thing in half a year with a team of programmers is unreal

On the whole there is nothing complicated in what he was writing - you just need to know a couple of technical details - do your homework well)) It's like in the movie "The Wall Street Code" - I liked Bodek's phrase: "How could I know that? That's how we all are - we don't know many of the basic things that allow these very sharks to have an advantage over us.

khorosh:
Don't enter against the trend and don't enter during a flat.
Powder, don't go in

Daniil Stolnikov:
Man, have you never really been in Virtual Reality? )) The leverage there is 1:10. And even in these conditions 1-3% is very easily achieved by a simple opening in the trend direction on the maximum margin )).
If we add a scalper algorithm to this, the percentage may easily increase 3 times. So, calculate. Even if we assume that Soros' leverage is 1:3 and he probably uses some advanced HFT algorithm, even if we use maximal margin the risk will be minimal. Profit I have calculated above.
All geniuses are simple!!!
And who even told you that - how much does he have per year? Does he publish his earnings reports?

all hedge funds send investor reports at regular intervals

i think i read about 20% on the buffet wiki.

20% a year is very good for hedge funds - I've read that in different places.

as for alpari - find me one that is over 3 years old and has 20% p.a. and no more than a 20% drawdown.

there was one mrgreen but he took it all and lost it all.

ps

Soros was making money a long time ago - there was no xft back then.

ps ps

i dont understand the trend. where is the trend? how do you define it?

I even started a thread.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/37401

Определения тренда, трендовые стратегии и их результаты.
Определения тренда, трендовые стратегии и их результаты.
  • www.mql5.com
Смит "Как стабильно зарабатывать на форексе". - - Категория: технические индикаторы и анализ рынка форекс

Zogman:

all hedge funds send investor reports at regular intervals.

i think i read about 20% on the buffet wiki.

20% a year is very good for hedge funds - I've read that in different places.

the one about alpari - find me one that is over 3 years old and 20% a year and no more than 20% drawdown.

there was one mrgreen but he took it all and lost it all.

ps

Soros was making money a long time ago - there was no xft back then.

ps ps

i dont understand the trend. where is the trend? how do you define it?

I even started a thread.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/37401

Hedge funds play by a different set of rules. Don't look up to them.) Their profits are based on the spread between futures. And it's known to bring a big profit simply can't! I think they do not direct trade, as such!!!

I have not seen the trend topic. If B is bigger than A - up. If B is less than A - down).

George Merts:
As far as I remember he was taking advantage of imperfect execution of DC orders. And he probably got his profit, but the shop was shut down and now such records can only be made by accident.

what would the phrase "imperfect execution of orders" mean?

there is a way to punish the brokerage firm - if you have faster access to quotations - then you kind of know the future for the lag time,

but then you need to open and close very fast.

the brokerage company will not have time to cover your position in the market and will be in the red.

no brokerage company will allow that for a 600K.

Daniil Stolnikov:
Hedge funds play by different rules. Don't be like them.) Their profits are based on the spread between futures. And they do not know how much profit they can make! I think they do not trade as such!!!

hedge funds are anything - Soros has his Quantum fund,

as i understand, technically under usa law, you can invest in a hedge fund if you are rich enough - and it's not your last dime.

hedge funds allow more risk than conventional funds.

Reason: