Make your first million - page 142

Daniil Stolnikov:
With so many trades, you manage to get so screwed up...

First of all, what kind of "faults" are we talking about? So far, everything is exactly according to the TS.

And secondly, yes, you're right, I especially do not like in my EA that the price of each trade action is very high. Therefore, the error price is also very high and a lot of code in my Expert Advisor deals with error handling. If there were ten trades per day, the cost of each of them would be much lower. I have tried to adapt the owl to other pairs to avoid such situations. I cannot do it yet.

What about "how is my trading better" - we've been talking about it twenty pages ago - I haven't lost a single account with my trading. And your lost accounts, as far as I know, can't be accounted for. That's what makes my trading better.

Alexander Laur:
So the opening price can be reported, after all, if you can't take a screenshot from the UPU.

I sort of said it - the trade of 08.06.15, at the opening of the day. Hence, at the opening price.

But, it is possible to make a screenshot from VPS. If you want so, I can show off (in the background - owls from monitoring, in the foreground - without monitoring, this is my main deposit, the deal on both of them is the same, lot - proportionally):

Screenshot

Alexander Laur:

I wouldn't open where you opened. At this point I think the price went too far down to open a Sell position, a big risk.

Exactly. That's the mistake Danik always makes. It doesn't matter where the price has gone, it doesn't matter what the risk is. All that matters is what's in the TS. In my TS, that's where we should open a sell. Which is what owls did. What is good about owls - there is no such a stupid hesitation "I would not open if the price had gone too far". One should only trade with owl, I'm sure.

Of course, usually the last day before such an entry is smaller and therefore the entry price is better. However, this day still fully meets the requirements of the TS, and hence the entry should be made, despite the fact that the entry price is not the best.

Also, in my TS only one trade out of three or four wins. So SL is quite common. And I thought that this time it would be beaten out as well. But, so far the situation seems to have started to improve. We'll see.

George Merts:

I sort of said it - the trade of 08.06.15, at the opening of the day. Hence, at the opening price.

But, it is possible to make a screenshot from VPS. If you so wish - I can also show off (in the background - owls from monitoring, in the foreground - without monitoring, this is my main deposit, the deal on both is the same, lot - proportionally):

I take it you don't use any refills?

Alexander Laur:

I'm not going to argue.

What matters to me is the risk and how far the price has moved away from the extremum.

The risk is set by the trader. The system gives SL. And the system sets the risk varying the lot in order to lose this risk in case of SL triggering.

Alexander Laur : If the price has not broken through an extremum, the probability of moving away from the extremum is higher than moving in the direction of its breakout. But the price cannot move away from the extremum indefinitely, so the further the price moved away from the extremum, the less it has left to go in that direction. This is my personal view. Therefore, the closer one opens a position in the direction of the extremum, the higher the probability of closing the position in the plus direction.

I open a position because a reversal pattern has appeared and there are no trendlines or levels that contradict the turn. In this case that is exactly the case. Now the only thing left to do is to wait for the stop loss or for a new pattern that will indicate a reversal. Let's see.

George Merts:

Exactly. That's the mistake Danik always makes. It doesn't matter where the price has gone, it doesn't matter what the risk is. All that matters is what's in the TS. In my TS, that's where we should open a sell. Which is what owls did. What is good about owls - there is no such a stupid hesitation "I would not open if the price had gone too far". One should only trade with owl, I'm sure.

Of course, usually the last day before such an entry is smaller and therefore the entry price is better. However, this day still fully meets the requirements of the TS, and hence the entry should be made, despite the fact that the entry price is not the best.

Also, in my TS only one trade out of three or four wins. So SL is quite common. And I thought that this time it would be beaten out as well. But, so far the situation seems to have started to improve. We'll see.

oh shit!!! 25% profitable trades? shit!!! i've got 82 at the moment, but it's my own faults))

i should change something in the strategy!!! but that you trade strictly by it - respect and admiration!!! that's where you really need nerves of iron!!!

Daniil Stolnikov:
I take it you don't use topping up?

Why is that? Refills are the main profits.

The system is the same - we fill when a pattern appears, as long as there are no conflicting patterns and trendlines

Daniil Stolnikov:
Shit!!! 25% profitable trades? Shit!!!

Definitely need to change something in the strategy!!! But the fact that you trade strictly by it - respect and admiration!!! that's where you really need nerves of iron!!!

Why would I change my strategy if it could give me 500% last year?

You got it right, Danik. The percentage of profitable trades varies from year to year, from 20 to 50%.

Don't worry about the "iron nerves" thing. The owl has iron nerves.

George Merts:

Why is that? On topping up is the main profit.

The system is the same - topping up is done when a pattern appears, as long as there are no conflicting patterns and trendlines

The main thing is not to overfill))

Daniil Stolnikov:
The main thing is not to overfill ))
As much as there is, we'll fill it all up. Sov can't under- or overfill.
Reason: