Make your first million - page 21

mmmoguschiy:
I will give you a description of what happened:

If you are interested, my personal opinion is that 1. it is a mistake to use someone else's analysis of the situation, and indeed someone else's opinion and other advice :). 2. Unclear rules of the system, or non-compliance with them, or the system is more loss-making than profitable. 3. Too much emotion.

sanyooooook:

next time you want to raise a pound from a hundredweight, donate it to orphans in Udmurtia.)

the result is the same for you as it is for the kids.)

Of all the advice / opinions (already expressed and those that will be expressed) - worthy of attention only advice Sanka.

To give advice, you need to know and be able to do it yourself.

That is why I am interested in advice such as: "I've been trading profitably for n years. Here are statistics of my real trading. My opinion is:".

All other advice is just "I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm..."

dmitriikul:
Mighty, how long have you been in forex?
Three years. But of those three years, it's really a lot less. 3 years since I found out about it.

papaklass:

You have put yourself within a certain framework (10% a day) and have tried to fit your trading to that framework, so as not to "slap your face" on the forum.

The market should not be tampered with. THE MARKET IS A TEACHER, NOT A LEARNER. If you had stopped when the pullback started and looked more closely at what was happening in the market, I think the result would not have been so disastrous. But your statements on the forum didn't let you stop. :)

You have to take as much as the market allows you to take, and the "wants" are irrelevant!

You've said it perfectly - you can't add or remove anything!!!
Exactly!!! Exactly the framework!!! That's how I started the process of losing my 200$!
If I didn't chase them - would I have exceeded my lot in an attempt to level out a losing position? No way!

From now on I will not have any limits - I will trade as I like. If I can do 10 I will take 10. I can do 100... And so on And the drawdown - well, without them nowhere!!! The main thing is the final result!

MIG32:
The reason is that 10% a day is a high-risk trade. And the probability of losing is high. And with 100 quid it's better to work on cent.
Still, I'm still convinced that 10% a day is not that risky! The only problem is that you have to always guess where the price will go at any given moment. Predict and these same 10% will appear in your pocket in a matter of minutes or even seconds! Unfortunately, as I've already told you, the euro is really going through the roof! One second ago it was going up and the next minute it was going down!!! You never know!!! You need to have an advantage in a volatile market - to know in advance where the price will go, or to have some other trump card behind you.

$100 is not so little! I played on a micro account with 0.01 lot. So it's quite an acceptable risk. My problem started when I exceeded this figure. Yes - during the moments of an obvious trend I managed to close this 10% with this very exceeded lot, literally within a few minutes! But as soon as the market started to go wild, these same overshoots played a cruel joke with me!!!

Now it's hard to predict when this "rift" is going to end! The funny thing is that this "ripples" began just when I decided to make some extra money in front of the public's eyes

sanyooooook:

next time you want to raise a penny from a hundredweight, donate it to orphans in udmurtia)

The result is the same for you as when you plummeted, but it's good for the kids.)

Have you donated much to the children of Udmurtia or any other starving nation? I think not a penny!!! It's easy to be clever!

Think about how much good I could do for people if I were a billionaire.

papaklass:

You still don't understand what I was talking about.

The problem is not the figure (10% or 1% per day/week/month), the problem is the "wants". If the market allows you to take 10%, why should you give it up? But if the market does not allow you to take more than 1%, then "wanting 10%" will lead to a drain! This needs to be clearly understood.

And again - do not decrease or decrease!!! Clear on target - short and sweet!!! Thank you!!!

As I said before - why take 10 when you can also take 20? But here's what you can and 1, unfortunately, I did not consider! I'm telling you, I'm an idealist.

TheLiteShadow:
In case you are wondering, my personal opinion is 1. it is a mistake to use someone else's analysis of the situation, and indeed someone else's opinion and other advice :). 2. Unclear rules of the system, or failure to follow them, or the system is more loss-making than profitable. 3. Too much emotion.
1 - Analyzing the opinion of the "crowd" is simply necessary. Know the current mood, so to speak. But in the end it is you who makes the decision.
2 - There are rules. But it seems that the time has come when the market has "changed" and we have to adapt to the new realities. In other words, if in the beginning I was almost clearly on the plus side, the last few days was solid minus! My rules just weren't working these days! But then again I could not stop - "frames" And I had to sit on the fence or choose another currency pair, less susceptible to frequent mood swings.
3 - Lots of emotions!!! A lot!!! Especially in the moments when everything was "going wrong"!!! I was ready to grab something heavy and blow the hell out of the place That's when I was feeling that emotion and I was doing something stupid and breaking my own rules, which I really shouldn't be doing!!! Maybe that's why they didn't work

The problem was exacerbated by the fact that Ducas is a new platform for me!!! And to write even the simplest robot I simply am not able to do it yet! The robot would robotize me emotionally.
The most interesting thing is the display of the chart - it is fundamentally different from what is shown in Metatrader!!! Even the strong spikes didn't look ominous in it. Maybe this also played a trick on me

Now I will go back to trading only after studying JForex and working on my mistakes.

abolk:

Of all the advice/opinions (those already given and those to be given), only Sanka's advice is worthy of attention.

In order to give advice, you need to know and be able to do it yourself.

Therefore the interesting advice is the following: "I've been trading profitably for n years. Here are statistics of my real trading. My opinion is:".

All other advices are nothing but empty talk and chatter in the style of "I, yes, I'm a big shot".

So you're saying that only wannabes with nothing in real trading are here on this forum?
Damn, and even those who moved from MT4 are old timers?

mmmoguschiy:
So, according to you, only wannabes who have nothing in real life except their smartasses sit here on this forum?
Even the ones who moved from MT4 are old-timers?
I didn't say that -- what I said -- you quoted me.
Reason: