Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 57

Anton Zverev:
Do you have to pay a subscription fee to use just the tester?

It costs money to get rltime data. And having a real trading account means getting real-time price feeds.

The tester has no influence here.

Has anyone been in touch with tech support lately? Any news when they will start filling the flags field in theMqlTick structure?
And by the way, how are things going with this issue in bx?

At Otkritie, they are filling in. When they started, I couldn't trace it.

Gentlemen, am I the only one who has MT5 at Otkritie with slowness in the first minutes of trading at the beginning of each day (FORTS)? And it is not clear whether the request is executed in time, although the time of transaction, if it falls at this time, for example, a level break, each time is specified as 10.00.01. But the candle at this time on the chart slows down, almost freezes for a couple of minutes. At the same time, everything is moving normally in the chart. The order is not quite clear. Or it is really executed at 10.00.01, while the arrow only appears on the chart in a few seconds, if not more, when the candle finally lags? This seems to me to be a significant flaw in terms of chart display. As far as I understand, everything flies as it should in the glass, but the candlesticks themselves slow down. I have another experience with MT5 - they have spoiled the visual tester for convenience in comparison with MT4. You may apply a template in the window that appears there and add additional indicators, and all this during testing. In MT5 it's not enough. There is even no button of crosshair. Although if you click on the mouse wheel, it appears, i.e. crosshair functionality is there, but there is no button. Why they have changed the visual tester is unclear, silly in my opinion, all the former advantages have been cut. I also do not like position breakup by clearing arrows on charts. If we trade on a higher frame, those arrows are everywhere in the candles. If it were set to "display clearing marks" or something like that, I would just switch it off and leave only position opening-closing points. As for the rest, futures in MT5 is very comfortable. With the exception of the above. I have never regretted switching to MT5, and I recommend it to everyone. I remember with horror the brakes of Quick and Tranzac. I can only imagine that I still cannot attach stop to pending buy order, so that the stop would not be placed by itself. For 6 years they have been unable to do that.

ottenand:

Gentlemen, am I the only one who has MT5 at Otkritie with slowness in the first minutes of trading at the beginning of each day (FORTS)? And it is not clear whether the request is executed in time, although the time of transaction, if it falls at this time, for example, a level break, each time is specified as 10.00.01. But the candle at this time on the chart slows down, almost freezes for a couple of minutes. At the same time, everything is moving normally in the chart. The order is not quite clear. Or it is really executed at 10.00.01, while the arrow only appears on the chart in a few seconds, if not more, when the candle finally lags? This seems to me to be a significant flaw in terms of chart display. As far as I understand, everything flies as it should in the glass, but the candlesticks themselves are slowing down.

Indicate the exact time when you see this behavior?

Most likely, you see the pre-market in the betting window before 10:00 a.m., and the charts start at 10:00 a.m. sharp when the market opens.

Another experience with MT5 - a visual tester is spoiled for convenience, in comparison with MT4. You could apply a pattern in the window that appears there and add additional indicators, and all this during testing. In MT5 it is not enough.

The idea of patterns in MT5 is the same as in MT4. You can use a template named tester.tpl that is saved from the desired chart:

We don't want to add on the fly patterns and indicators in the visualiser as it can spoil the testing process.

There is not even a crosshair button. Although if you click on the mouse wheel, it appears, i.e. crosshair functionality is there, but no button. Why have they changed the visual tester is unclear, silly in my opinion, all the former advantages have been cut off.

Yes, the crosshair tool is enabled by the middle mouse button. We will add a button to the panel and extend the menu functionality.

I also do not like position breakup by clearing arrows on charts. If we trade on a higher frame, those arrows are everywhere in the candles. If it were set to "display clearing marks" or something like that, I would just switch it off and leave only position opening-closing points.

Yes, we don't like the clearing breaks ourselves. Already thinking about how to enable the display mode without any deal breaks.

As for the rest, futures in MT5 is very comfortable. With the exception of the above. I have never regretted switching to MT5, and I recommend it to everyone.

Thank you! We are trying very hard and MetaTrader 5 will soon be released with many improvements for trading.

Please update to build 1352 with MetaQuotes-Demo.

I remember with horror the brakes of Quick and Tranzac. I can only imagine that I still cannot attach stop to pending buy order, so that the stop would not be by itself. It has been 6 years since they were able to do that.

There are OCO (One Cancel Other) orders to replace our regular TP/SL.

But ours are more convenient, except that they are activated by the market rather than being put by limiters.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Specify exactly at what time do you see this behaviour?

Most likely you see a premarket in the glass until 10:00:00, and the charts start along with the opening of the market at exactly 10:00:00

The idea of templates in MT5 is the same as in MT4. You can use a template called tester.tpl, which is saved from the desired chart:

We don't want to add on the fly patterns and indicators in the visualiser, as this can spoil the testing process.

Yes, the crosshair tool is enabled by the middle mouse button. We will add a button to the panel and extend the menu functionality.

Yes, we don't like the clearing breaks ourselves. Already thinking about how to enable the display mode without deal breaks.

Thank you! We are trying very hard and MetaTrader 5 will soon be released with many improvements for trading.

Please update to build 1352 with MetaQuotes-Demo.

There are OCO (One Cancel Other) orders there to replace our regular TP/SL.

But ours are more convenient except that they are activated by market rather than being put by limiters.

Thanks for the reply, Renat.

1. Regarding the candles at the start of trading. This is not a premarket. And it's not an iron. And it happens exactly at the beginning of trades, in the first minute, when there is active movement. I am working in three terminals at the same time, two of which are MT5. My performance is the same as if there were one MT5 terminal and all applications were terminated except for it, so the issue is most probably not hardware, not OS, not memory, but somewhere in the "candlestick" code. I also exclude the influence of indicators. Besides, if I use an indicator, it is PriceChannel only, it has three lines of code and cannot affect candlestick displaying in such a way. The situation like it is today on Si9.16. The time is 9.59, at that moment I had an open long order, that was put since the evening for breakdown of maximum 20 bars at hourly level. The market is closed, I do not need it now. The trading started. The hourly rising candlestick appeared, having marked the maximum breakout, and froze, as usually, in the same position for about 15 seconds. I find out about the deal made only at 5-8 seconds when I look at the history of deals in the Toolbox at the bottom. This position appears there and the line shows the variation margin for the current moment. Another 5 seconds pass and a candle just starts to wake up on the chart, i.e. it has unfrozen and starts to move little by little and an arrow indicating an entrance to a long position with deal levels appears together with it. The time of position opening is 10.00.02 according to the deal history. Thus, I conclude that the error occurs when the trading activity is high, i.e. candlestick drawing can not do the job and simply freezes in overload. At this time, if you open the glass, everything flies as it should, very quickly. This is a plus, i.e. it is clear that the data goes without brakes and the orders work as they should, once again confirming a probable error in the candlestick code. Regarding the glass, you should also take the same efficiency in displaying the candlesticks, which would be logical in general, I mean it would be much better, if they wouldn't freeze, and blink according to the pace and activity of trading, showing in time the fact of opening a position with the appropriate indication on the chart.

2. Further on the tester. I do not quite understand how changing a template and adding an additional indicator on the fly can spoil the testing process. Sometimes the strategy is implemented in such a way that I want to track the moment of entering/exiting not only by those indicators that are included in the code (and they may not be displayed during the visual testing!), but also by those additional indicators that I could change on the fly including their parameters, at the same time putting the test on pause and making notes directly on the chart, adding levels, measuring points with the crosshair. I found the crosshair by accident by clicking on the wheel. There's no button. I believe it widens possibilities for technical analysis and development of a trading system. The same thing is true about templates. Why not make a click on a chart with an opportunity to choose a template? For example, I have to strain my eyes to see thin lines of a single АО with a pixel width on a black background. But there is no way to change the thickness - the only way is to recompile the indicator code including a thicker one, just to avoid breaking my eyes in the tester. This is not serious. The visual tester of MT4 was and is the best one I've ever seen in terms of convenience and flexibility of working with the chart during the test. Another important point concerning the tester is that something should be done with the speed regulator because its gradation is made in such a way that its first 80% is not necessary since it does not affect the speed significantly, and the three rightmost positions are so sensitive that the chart either runs very fast at maximum value or immediately much slower at its penultimate value. There are at least 5 intermediate speed values missing. The ones at the beginning, i.e. the minimum speed values can be eliminated altogether. They are of no practical use, it is tantamount to pressing pause, i.e. everything is logically slow and the graph stands still.

3. I'll try updating, haven't tried manual updating yet, usually came automatically.

4. On the tumblr - would not hurt to scroll the tumblr up and down for more lines. Not everyone just have 4k monitors in portrait orientation, and some levels in the glass is useful to look at, but that's just the boundaries of the monitor strongly interfere, then you can not stretch the glass.

Thank you for listening.

Sincerely.

ottenand:

Thanks for the reply, Renat.

1. Regarding the candlesticks at the beginning of trading. This is not a premarket. It's not an iron. It happens at the beginning of trading, in the first minute, when there is an active movement. I am working in three terminals at the same time, two of which are MT5. My performance is at the same level as if there were one MT5 terminal and all applications were terminated except for it, so the issue is most probably not hardware, not OS, not memory, but somewhere in the "candlestick" code. I also exclude the influence of indicators. Besides, if I use an indicator, it is PriceChannel only, it has three lines of code and cannot affect candlestick displaying in such a way. The situation like it is today on Si9.16. The time is 9.59, at that moment I had an open long order, that was put since the evening for breakdown of maximum 20 bars at hourly level. The market is closed, I do not need it now. The trading started. The hourly rising candlestick appeared, having marked the maximum breakout, and froze, as usually, in the same position for about 15 seconds. I find out about the deal made only at 5-8 seconds when I look at the history of deals in the Toolbox at the bottom. This position appears there and the line shows the variation margin for the current moment. Another 5 seconds pass and a candle just starts to wake up on the chart, i.e. it has unfrozen and starts to move little by little and an arrow indicating an entrance to a long position with deal levels appears together with it. The time of position opening is 10.00.02 according to the deal history. Thus, I conclude that the error occurs when the trading activity is high, i.e. candlestick drawing can not do the job and simply freezes in overload. At this time, if you open the glass, everything flies as it should, very quickly. This is a plus, i.e. it is clear that the data goes without brakes and the orders work as they should, once again confirming a probable error in the candlestick code. Regarding the glass, the same efficiency should be given to the candlesticks, which would be logical in general, I mean it would be much better, if they wouldn't freeze, and blink according to the pace and activity of trading, showing in time the fact of opening a position with the appropriate indication on the chart.

Just watched the market opening today on SI-9.16 - everything worked alive and fast without a single brake on the real account.

Do you have custom indicators on charts (any chart)? They can easily hinder the display of charts. Are there any messages in the terminal logs saying that the MQL5 indicator is taking too long?

What is your hardware configuration? Look at the configuration description in logs when terminal starts, please.

2. Further on the tester. I do not quite understand how changing a template and adding an additional indicator on the fly can spoil the testing process.

It may break. The tester prepares its environment for the sake of a quick pass without any changes of this very environment.

You can save the necessary configuration of the chart with all the styles and indicators under the name tester.tpl and then the visualizer will load this very template by default at start. And all will be visible as you need.

Although we are now considering the possibility of selecting templates during testing. It is possible that this could work.

4. On the glass - it would not hurt to scroll the glass with the slider up and down for more lines. Not everyone has 4k monitors in portrait orientation, and some levels in the glass is useful to see, but the boundaries of the monitor strongly interfere, then you can not stretch the glass.

Unfortunately, we can not do this, so as not to spoil the design of the program.

Our design is adaptive and accurate, in contrast to QuickBooks where the entire program is a bunch of programmer's signs with scrollers. The analytical and trading terminal still requires a sufficiently large screen resolution.

Renat Fatkhullin:

I was just watching the market opening today on SI-9.16 - everything was running alive and fast without a single slowdown on a real account.

Do you have custom indicators on charts (any chart)? They can easily slow down the display of the charts. Are there any messages in the terminal logs saying that the MQL5 indicator is taking too long?

What is your hardware configuration? Look at the configuration description in logs when terminal starts, please.

It may break. The tester prepares its environment for the sake of a quick pass without any changes of this very environment.

You can save required chart configuration with all styles and indicators under tester.tpl beforehand and then visualizer will load this very template by default at start. And everything will be visible as you need it to be.

Although we are now considering the possibility of selecting templates during testing. It is possible that this could work.

Unfortunately, we can not do this, so as not to spoil the design of the program.

Our design is adaptive and accurate, in contrast to QuickBooks where the entire program is a bunch of programmer's signs with scrollers. The analytical and trading terminal still requires a sufficiently large screen resolution.

I will try to load all settings tonight or start terminal from another computer and at market opening in the morning I will check this moment again. Although I remember I ran it without indicators, it was like that too. I will check it once again. Looked logs for a few days, no error. But I have found differences in time of my trades. For example, today. In the text file-log there is a time of the morning trade 10:00:20.646 with its ticket, while the history tab in the client terminal shows a deal with the same ticket at 10.00.02. The difference is 18 seconds and it is not quite clear when the deal was actually executed. However, the deal that was executed two minutes later, i.e. at 10.02.41, diverges from the log time by only 1 second. Question. At what moment is the time of transaction recorded in the logs? When the deal is marked with the arrow on the chart, or when it passes in the depth chart? This time will also need to be checked.

Configuration - Windows 8.1 Pro (x64 based PC), IE 11.00, UAC, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor, RAM: 1937 / 4094 Mb. Memory consumption is within 2GB when running all the programs I need at the same time. On Linux I still use about 1GB with the same tasks, but there I can only trade in MT4, because MT5 requires a certificate.

Tester. If you decide to change the current visual tester, the main emphasis should be on the possibility to add "on the fly" indicators and change their parameters. You may set up a template with light background once. But if you want to add or adjust the indicator during the test, you will have to edit the template every time? Not the best solution.

I can assure you that the design of the program will not suffer from this feature, especially as I understand that many people miss it and have asked for it more than once. Instead of a scroll bar on the side, you could add two neat buttons at the top-bottom, with an option to choose either one or the other, so that the design is what the user wants. This approach - giving the user a choice - makes the most sense. Scrolling isn't a problem, is it? And the design can always be solved, it's certainly not an obstacle.

So why does the trading terminal require a large resolution? The terminal does not require a great resolution, when you can easily and quickly switch between charts, without having to look at them all at once. There are multi-monitor configurations for that. It's not about the number of charts, and that someone can't fit them, but about the lack of freedom in stretching the glass vertically, as many have said, as I recall. The word about the design, there are no complaints about it, everything is fine, everything is comfortable, just be brave and add small and useful little things, don't be afraid, one scroll or two buttons will not spoil anything. And if there is a choice to switch them on or off, then here, each user will decide for himself whether to use advanced scrolling glass or not, this will further demonstrate the flexibility of the terminal, right? Don't think that I am arguing. It seems to me that while developing a trading program, when the developer actively dialogs with users, and the development process includes frequent releases of micro-patches, such functions can be implemented more bravely, and the user will never refuse to write a detailed feedback about the innovation. And if it happens that the feedback is unimportant, the feature can be removed or corrected in the next micro-patch, before the release. Everyone will thank you for it.

Regards.

ottenand:

Today I will try to reset the settings in the evening, or even start a bare terminal from another machine and fix this moment again at market opening in the morning, maybe it's really my fault. Although I remember I ran it without indicators, it was like that too. I will check it once again. Looked logs for a few days, no error. But I have found divergence of time of deals. For example, today. In the text file-log there is a time of the morning trade 10:00:20.646 with its ticket, while the history tab in the client terminal shows a deal with the same ticket at 10.00.02. The difference is 18 seconds and it is not quite clear when the deal was actually executed. However, the deal that was executed two minutes later, i.e. at 10.02.41, diverges from the log time by only 1 second. Question. At what moment is the time of transaction recorded in the logs? When the deal is marked with the arrow on the chart, or when it passes in the depth chart? This time will also need to be checked.

Configuration - Windows 8.1 Pro (x64 based PC), IE 11.00, UAC, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor, RAM: 1937 / 4094 Mb. Memory consumption is within 2GB when running all the programs I need at the same time. On Linux it is within 1GB for the same tasks, but I can only trade there in MT4, because MT5 requires a certificate.

What video card do you have?

Dmitriy Skub:
What video card do you have?

GTX650 2GB. But what does that have to do with it. Are you saying it can't handle the terminal?)