Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 61

I see. It's just that on my old dual core laptop I ran it once - it was slow and loaded one thread while the second thread was free.

On my current PC there is no problem, but the tape is still very resource-intensive.

Renat Fatkhullin:

It is spread out and very serious.

Considering that the terminal is actually a graphical program that produces tens of FPS (especially with additional unreasonable stimulation of redrawing by robots), the graphics card has a big impact. Failure of rendering performance happens on weak laptops (and today's inexpensive office desktops are not far from laptops) with integrated graphics, where even simple 2D operations are mercilessly slow.

The freezing of charts is directly affected by custom indicators, which can suddenly start to slow down in their calculations and thus block the timely rendering of the chart.

And lastly, it is possible network slowdowns. Both the trader and the broker (anything can happen, no one can guarantee that).

Open a wider sliver of deals, indeed doubles the consumption of CPU resources - from the usual 10% to 20%(UPD - need to double-check).

And the basic indicators like PriceChannel can affect the fading of charts and fading in the appearance of the strip of deals over the tick chart? How do they affect it?

Normal price activity in the tick chart and on the tick chart, but with the candle freezing at this time and the disappearing circles in the trades feed speaks clearly not of a network problem.

This morning's opening under the video went well. The next check will be at 3:30pm.

Recorded a five minute video now on the news on the Si-9.16 naked chart on M1, with the task manager, with the glass, plus a clock with a second hand to see when the 15:30 candle opens.

The correlation of the falling asleep candle with the disappearance of the tape circles can be seen. When the candle goes dormant, the last price line on the chart also stops accordingly. The Bid line continues to move very actively, keeping up with the market, beyond the boundaries of a sleeping candle, and the tick chart in the depth chart moves just as actively, without any hint of sleeping. But there is no tick chart at this time - the candle is asleep. This very terminal copy is on the second line of the task manager and consumes on average 8-10% of the CPU. Another terminal copy on the first line consumed 15-20% of CPU during the active phase of trading, but it had two charts with indicators. I could close it, but these processes are not related in any way - I do not see the point. I knew what copy of the terminal by CPU usage was what, but only after I had stopped recording (I forgot to open tabs in manager at once). But still no correlation between CPU consumption and chart freeze. I will post video at night. I can make additional checks during day, if you tell me what else is needed. I haven't found any detailed logs and the ones I have are identical to the logs and don't contain any info about errors or other details of what's going on in the terminal.

Respectfully.

ottenand:

and consumed an average of 8-10% of the CPU

What are your hardware specifications?

Ром:
What are your iron specifications?
Above. AMD Phenom x4 3.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GTX650.

ottenand:
Above indicated. AMD Phenom x4 3.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GTX650.
Not enough RAM, you need 8 or more

Alexander Bereznyak:
Not enough RAM, you need 8 or more
Why would I need 8 when I don't usually need more than 2. And I got 2 when I switched to the Windows. MT5 consumes ~70Mb.

I'll try to close the subject of RAM. Sometimes, when I have free time, in addition to two open terminals, a browser with several tabs, maybe music, plus antivirus, I start an aircraft simulator and fly it at 100 FPS without any brakes. Then I minimize, check trade, email, etc., and fly on. 4GB is good enough for me. I've never seen memory consumption exceeding 3GB. I don't deal with all sorts of supertasks, physics, 3D modelling with realistic light physics, heavy graphics in editors, I don't need 16GB.

Lest you think that a noticed bug is presented in the form of a complaint. The candlestick hovering itself is, in fact, a consequence of a sharp increase in market activity in a short period of time, and it is not so critical that it can interfere with trading. But if a good tradition of communication in the form of a developer\\user has been established in this forum and the programmer shares his/her impressions in the form of a polite bug report, I suppose this information will at least be of some use. By the way, I do not exclude the possibility that this effect may have some effect on robots but I am not sure about it because I trade robots using the block editor and only for the history tests. I trade by hand on the hour hand, with the orders that should lie on the market and the dormant candlesticks should not affect them.

ottenand:
Indicated above. AMD Phenom x4 3.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GTX650.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed.

No, the problem here is clearly not with the hardware, it turns out.

The thing is that the problems described by you I also had, when I decided to manually scalp one day... Programmatically the data was quickly obtained, but the "visuals" slowed down for unknown reasons... on a gaming desktop... I didn't focus my attention anymore as I don't follow the graphs - purely algo.

On my ancient laptop I watched it too - it was lagging - but I decided that the problem was in performance as one of the two threads was full of Mt5 and other viroznoy activity).

PS/

Spread-synchronised. But fast.

Reason: