Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 26

C-4:
What does Metatrader have to do with it? Trading on the Zimbambian/Ukrainian exchange and blaming MT for the lack of liquidity and high commissions is totally unjustified. We have been trading currencies for years, and everything suited them, then suddenly they do not like it on the exchange, as if they have a special market there.
See the post above.

beast:

There are 2 parties involved in the transaction - one buys, the other sells.

What do you mean by deal type?

There is always a direction in the trades feed - one places an order, the other executes it with his later order. The second has executed the trade on the market (by bid or ask). This information lets us know whether one bought from the market or sold from the market. The same information is always present in the deals list and forms the basis of volume profiles, deltas...

zfs:
By execution price).

I've just been through all this before, a dead giveaway, so I asked a slightly provocative question. In the proposed method there is no deal, there is no strike price. And the tick chart in MT has a somewhat separate life from the real volumes. So there is no deal tape in any form and it is impossible to obtain it without serious simplifications. Except for import from other systems.

iTC:
I haven't been on the forums here much for a variety of reasons. Reasons - little interest in programming as such, I like setting tasks rather than executing them, cheeky sniping of posts by all sorts of clever people, moderators with their rules, etc. But I'm really bursting now. This is not the way to do it! The metaquotes are isolating themselves with a narrow dying segment of forex and locking themselves into programming and distributing black boxes at insane prices in the marketplace and incomprehensible signals to thousands of suckers. (That's just the flowers). Forgetting to look around. Kitchens are dying. They've only got a little time left. They need to go out into the real world. This is purely my humble opinion. I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

Yeah, well, what's wrong with MT5 on a real fund? In my opening it's not a brokerage, it's the real market. No portfolio - well, nothing - I think you can write it for $20. Of course it will be different from the Quicksilver - different systems, different purposes and different levels. It has its own pluses and minuses - that's fine.

sanderz:

There is always a direction in the trades feed - one places an order, the other executes it with his later order. The other has executed the trade on the market (bid or ask). This information lets us know whether one bought from the market or sold from the market. The same information is always in the deals register and forms the basis of volume profiles, deltas...

I just went through all this before, so I asked a slightly provocative question. In the proposed method there is no deal, there is no strike price. And the tick chart in MT has a somewhat separate life from the real volumes. So there is no deal tape in any form and it is impossible to obtain it without serious simplifications. Except for import from other systems.

So you want to say that it is impossible to request the price in the ticker?)

zfs:
So what you're saying is that you can't ask for a price in a glass?)
Yes, you can. What would it do? For example, often the Last price from the chart will not be in the book at that moment. Binding, big order execution, whatever. How to determine the direction then?

sanderz:

Yeah, well, what's wrong with MT5 on a real fund? In my opening it's not a brokerage, it's a real market. No portfolio - well, nothing - I think you can write one for $20. Of course it will be different from the Quicksilver - different systems, different purposes and different levels. It has its own pluses and minuses - that's fine.

So why haven't the $20 Metacquotes done it so far?

iTC:
So why haven't the $20 Metacquotes done it until now?
Well, would you agree that the quickie is a bit overpowering? I can only assume that MKs have gone the other way - to make the most flexible and simple product possible.

sanderz:
You can. What will it do? For example, often the Last price from the chart will not be in the cup at that moment. Connection, big order execution, whatever. How to determine the direction then?

There are volumes in the terminal. By the execution price. Another question is that they cheat with this case).

iTC:
So why haven't the $20 Metacquotes done it so far?
Metacquotes for 20 quid don't work). Even I don't always agree for that kind of money).

zfs:

The volumes are in the terminal. At the strike price. Another issue is that there is cheating with this case).

And what exactly do you mean? Volumes on the tick chart?
Reason: