Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 882

Andy:
You're acting kind of weird.

It's all right. Just ignore it. Just learn to appreciate what people are helping you with. Then you'll understand. Maybe you will.

Tell me if I can trust the tester in"Open prices only" mode if I trade on D1

and use this EA

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/20844

with a prohibition to work on every tick

Binario
Binario
  • votes: 6
  • Vladimir Karputov
  • www.mql5.com
Работа с Buy stop и Sell stop отложенными ордерами. Канал из двух индикаторов iMA (Moving Average, MA). Входные параметры Take Profit - тейк профит; Trailing Stop - трейлинг; Trailing Step - шаг трейлинга; Lots - размер лота задается вручную (при этом ОБЯЗАТЕЛЬНОЕ УСЛОВИЕ: параметр Risk должен быть равен нулю!); Risk - размер лота...

ilyav:

Tell me if I can trust the tester in"Open prices only" mode if I trade on D1

and use this EA

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/20844

with a prohibition to work on every tick

Trust no one :)

If you do not want to read what is the difference between the test modes(Algorithm of tick generation in the Strategy Tester of the MetaTrader 5 terminal) and you still continue to use suicidal mode on open prices, conduct a simple experiment: compare the most accurate test (the "Every tick based on real ticks" mode) and any other. Also keep in mind if you are trying to test my codes on FORTS - I do not comment on such suicides.

Vladimir Karputov:

You can't trust anyone :)

If you don't want to read how test modes differ and still continue to apply suicidal mode on opening prices, do a simple experiment: compare the most accurate test (Every tick based on real ticks mode) and any other. Also keep in mind if you are trying to test my codes on FORTS - I don't comment on such suicides.

It's just that the"Every tick based on real ticks" mode is killing me with its slowness of testing.

After all, I'm going to trade on a D1 bar opening . What for do I need those ticks and sneezes)

Ah yes.

Thank you for your great contribution to the codebase section for mt5.

ilyav:

It's just that the"Every tick based on real ticks" mode is killing me with its slowness of testing.

After all I'm going to trade on a D1 bar opening . Why do I need those ticks and sneezes)

Ah yes.

Thank you for your great contribution to the codebase for mt5.

Each case has its own testing mode. For example, if the Expert Advisor makes a decision (open, close, and move the Stop Loss) only at the moment when a new bar is born, we can test it in the mode "OHLC on M1". If the Expert Advisor works inside a bar - then only the modes "All ticks" and "Every tick based on the real ticks".

If you want, we can create a simple Expert Advisor that compares OHLC of two bars #0 and #1 with trailing stops in two modes: at every tick or only at the moment of a new bar birth.

Vladimir Karputov:

Each case has its own testing mode. For example, if the Expert Advisor makes a decision (open, close, move the stop loss) only at the moment of a new bar birth - then we can test in the mode "OHLC on M1". If the Expert Advisor works inside a bar - then only the modes "All ticks" and "Every tick based on the real ticks".

If you want, we can design a simple Expert Advisor that compares OHLC of two bars #0 and #1 with trailing stops in two modes: at every tick or only at the moment of a new bar birth.

Let's take your EABinario.

Forbid it to work on every tick.

We will trade on D1.

Why do we need sneezes and ticks? I do not understand it.

"OHLC on M1 will be enough?

I don't know why with all kinds of other products, amibroker, ezlab, quick etc. people use open prices for their timeframes and they don't complain if they are not scalpers and the price sneezes and ticks are important to them.

I do not understand it or you have a specific tester.

================

I just chose "Every tick based on real ticks" mode from 2010 till now.

The tester has already spent an hour synchronizing and downloading gigabytes of ticks.

And it hasn't started optimizing it yet. One can fall asleep, and when the tester finishes calculating all this stuff I'll probably forget what I've optimized there and why)))

Binario
Binario
  • votes: 6
  • Vladimir Karputov
  • www.mql5.com
Работа с Buy stop и Sell stop отложенными ордерами. Канал из двух индикаторов iMA (Moving Average, MA). Входные параметры Take Profit - тейк профит; Trailing Stop - трейлинг; Trailing Step - шаг трейлинга; Lots - размер лота задается вручную (при этом ОБЯЗАТЕЛЬНОЕ УСЛОВИЕ: параметр Risk должен быть равен нулю!); Risk - размер лота...

ilyav:

Take yourBinario EA.

Let's forbid it to work on every tick.

We'll trade on D1.

Why do we need sneezes and ticks? I do not understand.

"OHLC on M1 will be enough?

I don't know why with all kinds of other products, amibroker, ezlab, quick etc. people use open prices for their timeframes and they don't complain, if they are not scalpers and the price sneezes and ticks are important to them.

I dont understand it or your tester is very specific

I strongly suggest you recalculate my post above and study the article. Perhaps, with time you will understand that each strategy requires a certain tick generation mode: OHLC on M1 is enough for someone, while Real ticks is enough for someone.

Vladimir Karputov:

I strongly recommend to recalculate my post above and study the article. Maybe then, with time, you will understand that a certain ticks generation mode will be enough for each strategy: for some people OHLC on M1 is enough, and for others Real ticks are enough.

Just tell me if OHLC on M1 is enough for your Expert Advisor in this case?

Vladimir Karputov:

If you use a trading account with a hedge accounting system, then you can open opposite positions on the same symbol at the same time - they will remain separate positions and will not combine into one.

OOP to help you.

Write an indicator. For example, there is an indicator for the balance and funds:LifeHack Balance Equity

The same can be done for the volumes of positions.

If you use the visual testing, the history is in the "History" tab. Also available under the "Transactions" tab and the "Journal".

Thank you, I also meant the following:

1 Is there more than one EA working on one symbol now?

I remember reading everywhere that several EAs do not work on one symbol.

I don't know why I should trade Expert Advisors with more than one symbol.

If I've got it wrong, I may ask them to open 3 windows with 3 EAs for EUR/USD.

2. If I look at the graph in the tester, I will not see the load on the deposit, and the number of lots, not in visual mode, and in standard test mode, where the graph shows the yield.

3. Can I viewthe deal history in the Strategy Tester without visual mode?

Пользовательский интерфейс - Начало работы - MetaTrader 5
Пользовательский интерфейс - Начало работы - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Интерфейс платформы предоставляет доступ ко всем инструментам, необходимым для торговли на финансовых рынках. Он включает в себя различные меню, панели инструментов и служебные окна. Главное меню В главном меню собраны практически все команды и функции, которые можно выполнять в торговой платформе. Оно позволяет работать с графиками...

How does MT5 download an archive of quotes? In Mt 4, for example, F2 and then you press update, but here?
Reason: