MT5 Every tick based on real ticks are not real ticks if it's longer than half year ago.

When I want to test my trailing strategy. I found that turning point of the curve was at around May when I use "Every tick based on real ticks". 

And when I switch to "Every Tick" mode, the curve keeps the uptrend.

In MT4, it just doesn't trade when it's out of tick data. But in MT5, it switches to "Every Tick" mode which generates unrealistically good condition for trailing, the same as the 1min OHLC mode. 

And I have another question, is the 1 min data 2 years ago real or generated?

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

Yinglin Tang: When I want to test my trailing strategy. I found that turning point of the curve was at around May when I use "Every tick based on real ticks". And when I switch to "Every Tick" mode, the curve keeps the uptrend.

In MT4, it just doesn't trade when it's out of tick data. But in MT5, it switches to "Every Tick" mode which generates unrealistically good condition for trailing, the same as the 1min OHLC mode. And I have another question, is the 1 min data 2 years ago real or generated?

Each broker is different and decide how far back it keeps historical data for OHLC M1 bars and for tick data.

The tick data usually only goes back a shorter time than the OHLC M1 data.

OHLC M1 data is not generated. All the OHLC M1 data is real.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Each broker is different and decide how far back it keeps historical data for OHLC M1 bars and for tick data.

The tick data usually only goes back a shorter time than the OHLC M1 data.

OHLC M1 data is not generated. All the OHLC M1 data is real.

Glad to know that. Thank you.

Reason: