Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1348

Aleksei Stepanenko #:

I remember complaining about you in one of the threads.

Let your complainer answer for what he said!!!

He never bought anything from us.

So this is just a dirty attempt to take out the competition.

I demand that my products be returned to the Market. This is an outrage!

I would like to know. How can we contact the complainant? I think it's one of you. I wrote to tech support a month ago about acquiring counselor Sabit Dossayev. You deleted my letters. Here is a screenshot of Sabit Dossayev's NEO. Show me personally at least a rough one that you have on your marker. And will be able to start trading from 26 euro cents.

I sympathise with you, friends. But you are talking to users just like you here.

If you have a problem, write to servicedesk.

Aleksei Stepanenko #:

I sympathise with you, friends. But you are talking to users just like you here.

If you have a problem, write to servicedesk.

It says there. If it's not on the list you can post it on the forum!

Can you tell me, is there an easy way to programmatically run OnCalculate() in MQL5?

I know about tick emulation using ChartSetSymbolPeriod(). But it is not exactly the same - there is a full restart of all indicators from scratch in the window with passing OnInit() and OnDeinit().

Need a way to run OnCalculate() with saving prev_calculated and all worked flags and static values in functions.
Such a need arises in the multi-currency indicator - it needs to be run forcibly if a normal tick has come to the adjacent window by another symbol .

User_mt5 #:

Can you tell me, is there an easy way to programmatically run OnCalculate() in MQL5?

I know about tick emulation using ChartSetSymbolPeriod(). But it is not exactly the same - there is a full restart of all indicators from scratch in the window with passing OnInit() and OnDeinit().

Need a way to run OnCalculate() with saving prev_calculated and all worked flags and static values in functions.
Such a need arises in the multi-currency indicator - it needs to be run forcibly if a normal tick has come to the adjacent window by another symbol .

The multicooker must be on a timer.

Alexey Viktorov #:
Multicalculate has to work in a timer.

Alexei, thank you for your reply.

It may be so. And then this chagrin with prev_calculated and data access, which gives OnCalculate(), needs to be arranged independently?

Before I start these redesigns, someone tell me that it's not possible to call OnCalculate() programmatically...

User_mt5 #:

Alexei, thank you for your reply.

It may be so. And then this chagrin with prev_calculated and data access, which gives OnCalculate(), needs to be arranged independently?

Before I start these redesigns, someone tell me that it's impossible to call OnCalculate() programmatically...

But there is no data in OnCalculate() for other tools. What's the point of calling it if there's nothing there...

Alexey Viktorov #:

But there is no data in OnCalculate() for other tools. What's the use of calling it if there's nothing there...

Perhaps I don't know everything. As far as I know, there is no data on other instruments in any function.

In my case, getting prices for other symbols is arranged in this way:

double close = iClose   (symbol, TF, shift);    // close бара заданного графика

This is the code that runs as part of the OnCalculate() execution.
If I had a way to run OnCalculate() on the arrival of a tick in an adjacent window, I would easily process data from all windows in time.
But since OnCalculate() is only called by its tick, my indicator knows nothing about events in neighboring windows. The price there has already gone long ago, and it is still sleeping and waiting for its own tick to wake it up...

More.
If you leave OnCalculate() out, it probably makes sense to use OnBookEvent() in my case ?

User_mt5 #:

Perhaps I don't know everything. According to my understanding, there is no data for other instruments in any function.

In my case, getting prices for other symbols is organised like this:

This is the code that runs as part of the OnCalculate() execution.
If I had a way to run OnCalculate() on the arrival of a tick in an adjacent window, I would easily process data from all windows in time.
But since OnCalculate() is only called by its tick, my indicator knows nothing about events in neighboring windows. The price has already passed there but it is still sleeping and waiting for its own tick to wake it up...

Also.
If you leave OnCalculate() out, it probably makes sense to use OnBookEvent() in my case ?

Let OnCalculate() handle its own symbol, and put everything else in a custom function and call it from OnTimer()
Reason: