Interesting and Humour - page 4869

denis.eremin

Pi is an objective reality expressing the ratio of the length of the diameter to the radius.

I must be an ignoramus... because I always thought that the ratio of the length of the diameter to the radius was 2,
and the ratio of the circumference tothe diameter was pi

Pavel Gotkevitch:

I must be an ignoramus... because I always thought that the ratio of diameter length to radius was 2,
and the ratio of circumference todiameter was pi

Thanks. Corrected. I've been slurring my words.

denis.eremin:

If you don't have an apple in your hand - how do you express it mathematically?

The number pi is an objective reality, expressing the ratio of the length of the diameter to the radius. Not infinity, which exists in nature.

On occasion I read on hubra Fundamentals of Numerical Systems. Popularly described history of digital recording. I liked the article.

Wow! The diameter has a length... And since it does, so does width, of course. Does a diameter have a height?

denis.eremin:

If you don't have an apple in your hand - how do you express that mathematically?

The number pi is an objective reality, expressing the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its radius. What's not infinity existing in nature?

If you don't have something, then that state doesn't belong to something. That is precisely the assumption. And why not? You could say that there are 0 apples. But then it's not no, it is. Zero is an assumption, an axiom for real life. No apples is a Boolean concept then. False. No apples. Truth, there are apples.

Pi is not infinity) Rows are infinite as it is, just like a number series, and pi is not needed) This is philosophical speculation, and whether you can add 1 to any number or multiply by 2 for example. And where the meaning of these actions is lost, and where it is not...

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Zero is an assumption, an axiom for real life.

Negative numbers, even more so. (Not a word about dragons of the complex!)

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

If you don't have something, that state doesn't belong to something. That's just an assumption. And why not? You could say there are 0 apples. But then it's not no, it is. Zero is an assumption, an axiom for real life. No apples is a Boolean concept then. False. No apples. Truth, there are apples.

Pi is not infinity) Rows are infinite as it is, just like a number series, and pi is not needed) This is philosophical speculation, and whether you can add 1 to any number or multiply by 2 for example. And where the meaning of these actions is lost, and where it is not...

Assumption, axiom, not no, but is, false, true.....

Just imagine that 0 and infinity are part of our objective reality.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Wow! A diameter has a length... And since it does, so does width, of course. Does a diameter have a height?

What is this nonsense? The segment has length but no width.

JRandomTrader:
Negative numbers all the more so. (Not a word about dragons!)

This is exactly where it's not. These are proven states for reality. And complex and irrational. And zero is not proven as a state. As a concept it is confused with the Boolean False. And then on the axiom begin to do philosophy of miracles) Where it is very difficult to separate sophistry from reality. Well, no one has done away with the hysteresis of logic either. The barber is a good example.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:
In general, the most axiomatic assumptions of mathematics are the concepts of zero and infinity

In modern mathematics, it is common to start with sets rather than numbers. Integers are introduced as classes of finite sets of the same power. Zero is the power of an empty set.

This is not the only way of introducing numbers - there are much crazier ones.)

Reason: