Interesting and Humour - page 4868

Vitaly Murlenko:
This is the second time I've seen a strange picture. At home I have two mugs of the same volume - both 450 grams. I put brew in both of them, pour boiling water on them. After 15-20 minutes, when it's brewed well, I pour sugar (the same amount in both cups), stir it, taste it. Ironically, the temperature in a ceramic mug is VITALLY LOWER THAN in a stainless steel mug. It would seem that the stainless is a metal - heat transfer is higher than ceramic, the tea in it should cool down faster, but somehow it cools down faster in ceramic. That's why:

In addition to thermal conductivity, heat capacity also plays a role. And even if ceramic has a lower specific gravity, its mass is much higher, stainless steel is thin.

I think a thermometer is more reliable than your lips, isn't it?)

Here's another riddle on the same subject: I boil water in a Tefal teapot and pour it into a custard teapot. If I touch the Tefal spout on the glass edge of the teapot, it leaves a melted mark on the Tefal plastic! This is where I cannot offer any plausible explanation.

JRandomTrader:
Another riddle on the same theme: I boil water in a Tefal teapot and pour it into a custard teapot. If I touch the Tefal spout to the glass edge of the teapot, the Tefal plastic leaves a melted mark! This is where I cannot offer any plausible explanation.

You have to experiment with metal, wood and plastic. The more variety, the more reliable the result).

Vitaly Murlenko:
This is the second time I've seen a strange picture. I have two mugs of the same size at home - both 450 grams. I put brew in both of them, pour boiling water on them. After 15-20 minutes, when it's brewed well, I pour sugar (the same amount in both cups), stir it, taste it. Ironically, the temperature in a ceramic mug is VITALLY LOWER THAN in a stainless steel mug. It would seem that stainless is a metal - heat transfer is higher than ceramic, the tea in it should cool down faster, but somehow it cools down faster in ceramic. That's why:

I don't remember exactly, but I read somewhere that tea should be brewed for no longer than two minutes. Then it retains both the flavour and the aroma of the tea. If you brew it for more than 5 minutes, all the bitterness, unpleasant smell and colour will come out. If you like drinking poison, keep experimenting with the temperature...

JRandomTrader:
Here's another mystery on the same subject: I boil water in a Tefal teapot and pour it into a custard teapot. If I touch the Tefal spout on the glass edge of the teapot, it leaves a melted mark on the Tefal plastic! Here I cannot offer any plausible explanation.
Steam from the Tefal teapot heats the edge of the teapot)

JRandomTrader:
Here's another mystery on the same subject: I boil water in a Tefal teapot and pour it into a custard teapot. If I touch the Tefal spout on the glass edge of the teapot, it leaves a melted mark on the Tefal plastic! Here I cannot offer any plausible explanation.
Steam from the Tefal teapot heats the edge of the teapot)

Vitaly Murlenko:
This is the second time I observe a strange picture. At home I have 2 mugs of the same volume - both for 450 grams. I pour brew in both of them and boil water. After 15-20 minutes, when it's brewed well, I pour sugar (the same amount in both cups), stir it, taste it. Ironically, the temperature in a ceramic mug is VITALLY LOWER THAN in a stainless steel mug. It would seem that stainless is a metal - heat transfer is higher than ceramic, the tea in it should cool down faster, but somehow it cools down faster in ceramic. That's why:

I would like to add to the above; the cone-shaped cup has a higher heat transfer to the environment than the cylindrical one; the cooling surface area islarger| evaporation

transcendreamer:

transfinite numbers and around them too

and in general paradoxes arise because of insufficiently precise insufficiently rigorous formalization

it's been evident since Russell

Paradoxes only show imperfection of the chosen axiomatics (language, concepts) or limitation of its applicability

In general, the most axiomatic assumptions of mathematics are the concepts of zero and infinity. There are no states of zero and infinity in nature. And when logic is without them, there are fewer paradoxes. But with them, then you can prove that you can make a three-dimensional ball into two)

Valeriy Yastremskiy:
In general, the most axioms and assumptions of mathematics are the concepts of zero and infinity. There are no states of zero and infinity in nature. And when logic is without them, there are fewer paradoxes. But with them, then you can prove that a three-dimensional ball can be made into two)

If you don't have an apple in your hand - how do you express that mathematically?

The number pi is an objective reality, expressing the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its radius. What's not infinity existing in nature

Reason: