Interesting and Humour - page 3206

Yuriy Zaytsev:
It's like, I'm asking you a specific question and you're asking a different one.
Yeah. The other one. And that was about

Dmitry Fedoseev:

You want to push with authority, like who am I, and the inscription on the coin was designed by big authority people with collective approval, so they're certainly all right, not like me... Yes? But you said it yourself, there's nothing to add.

How is that nothing to add, you're now surprised - it's possible!
I will give you an example: Everybody knows since childhood that this or that is impossible. But there is always an ignoramus who does not know it. He is the one who makes the discovery.

It's just that most people aren't right either.

There's another point to be made here, too.

Jobs' famous phrase: "People don't know what they want until you show it to them." And he showed the world a lot.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Yeah. About the other one. I already did.

Dimitri, stop feeding these two trolls!

I warned you this morning.

Yuriy Zaytsev:
How is it that there is nothing to add, you will now be surprised - it is possible!
I'll give you an example: Everyone knows from childhood that this or that is impossible. But there is always an ignoramus who doesn't know it. He makes the discovery.
That's because most people aren't right either.
Give me one concrete example.

Yuriy Zaytsev:
Think for a minute, or better for 5 minutes, are all idiots around you, and did these idiots make such a coin?

It is with a hint of this uncomplicated thought that the image of this coin walks. But not all of them, just a lot of them.

For me it is about the same level as Grozny and his son going from Moscow to St. Petersburg.)

prostotrader:
Very interesting how this is going to end.
The moderator will probably delete all pages indiscriminately. Pity if my post gets lost.

Комбинатор:

It sounds to me about the same level as when Grozny and his son went from Moscow to St Petersburg.)

Cutting a window to Europe, long before Peter the Great did.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Give me at least one example.
And if you don't like the example, it won't be one-sided.
It is not a pity - let's say, Germany 1933-1945 was applauded by everybody, economy went up, women fainted at the sight of the leader of the nation, USSR was applauded too, along with denunciations and repressions,
and others who are now dead and even alive.
Scientists burned at the fires of the Inquisition, one specifically argued: the earth is round, and as it turned out he was right, but he was alone.

And civilized Europe, by the standards of that time, within the framework of its worldview, Europe was intensively burning dissenters. The USA exterminated the indigenous population, oppressing people of colour, also from the position of majority approval. The U.S. woke up from this outrage only at the end of the 20th century. The benches with the inscription "only for whites" were canceled not so long ago (by the standards of the historical course of time). And some are banning TV channels right now, some are banning the internet (China, North Korea). We must assume all this is also with mass approval. The most recent example is the admission that the bombing of Iraq was a mistake. But the "progressive best part of humanity" decided to bomb and there was overwhelming approval, at least in the ruling elite of those countries! There are plenty of examples when the majority was wrong (by normal standards).

I feel like I'm in a numismatic historian's forum...

Yuriy Zaytsev:
And if you don't like the example, it will not be one-sided.
It is not a pity - let's say, Germany 1933-1945 was applauded by everybody, economy went up, women fainted at the sight of the leader of the nation, USSR was applauded too, along with denunciations and repressions,
and others who are now dead and even alive.
Scientists burned at the fires of the Inquisition, one specifically argued: the earth is round, and as it turned out he was right, but he was alone.

And civilized Europe, by the standards of that time, within its worldview, Europe intensively chased the dissenters to the stake. The USA exterminated the indigenous population, oppressing people of colour, too, presumably from a position of majority approval. The U.S. woke up from this outrage only at the end of the 20th century. The benches with the inscription "only for whites" were canceled not so long ago (by the standards of the historical course of time). And some are banning TV channels right now, some are banning the internet (China, North Korea). We must assume all this is also with mass approval. The most recent example is the admission that the bombing of Iraq was a mistake. But the "progressive best part of humanity" decided to bomb and there was overwhelming approval, at least in the ruling elite of those countries! There are plenty of examples when the majority was wrong (by normal standards).

What the hell... Are you trying to trick me or something? I'm going to cry from confession.

An example of someone foolishly and ignorantly making a great discovery, please... please.

Reason: