Errors, bugs, questions - page 2424

Slava:

Answer the question.

Do you have a price discrepancy with open? Yes or no?

there are no open price mismatches

Andrey Dik:

there are no inconsistencies in prices

Now the following statement.

The bars of timeframes M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M10, M12, M15, M20, M30 and H1 will be exactly the same until the minute bar ends at the beginning of the hour. That is, their open, high, low, close prices should be the same.

Do you agree with this statement? Yes or no?

Slava:

Now the following statement.

The bars of the M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M10, M12, M15, M20, M30 and H1 timeframes will be exactly the same until the minute bar ends at the beginning of the hour. That is, their open, high, low, close prices should be the same.

Do you agree with this statement? Yes or no?

Glory, the wind blows, the sun shines, the birds sing, do you agree with this statement?

Once again, if you request prices from the major TF on the live chart and then do the same at the same time on the history in the tester, you will get different data and it is UNNORMAL, thus in the tester you cannot test Expert Advisors and indicators that use major TF, because the results will not be adequate.

Look at the code, please run it, make sure, I gave a reproducible example, what is the problem?

And again, last one, prices from the chart and prices in the tester do not coincide at the corresponding time points, not TF prices with the same opening time.

Andrey Dik:

Slava, the wind blows, the sun shines and the birds sing, do you agree with this statement?

Once again, if you request prices from higher TF on a live chart and then do the same at the same time on the history in the tester, you will get different data and it is UNNORMAL, thus in the tester you cannot test Expert Advisors and indicators that use higher TF, because the results will not be adequate.

Look at the code, please run it, make sure, I gave a reproducible example, what is the problem?

And again, last one, prices from the chart and prices in the tester do not match at the corresponding time points, not TF prices with the same opening time.

Answer the question.

At the end of the first minute of the hour the bars of the M1 to H1 timeframes should match.

Yes or no?

Slava:

Answer the question.

At the end of the first minute of the hour the bars of the M1 to H1 timeframes should match.

Yes or no?

With a pullback decided to go through :)

Slava:

Answer the question.

Yes or no?

yes

Andrey Dik:

yes

At the end of the 15 minute hour, the M15, M30 and H1 bars will coincide.

Once 15 minutes have passed, this 15-minute bar has stopped in progress. This is how it will be recorded in history. The M30 and H1 continue to form.

When you request an H1 bar in the tester for test time 2019.01.02 10:15:00, this bar will partially (at least 2 prices out of 4 will match) match the 15-minute bar 2019.01.02 10:00:00, with the close H1 price matching the close M15 2019.01.02 10:15.00. But this hourly bar has not yet finished its formation!

When you request the H1 bar in the terminal, corresponding to the time 2019.01.02 10:15:00, you will get a long-formed bar. And of course its high, low and close prices are likely to be different from the high, low and close prices of the hour bar received in the tester at the test time of 2019.01.02 10:15:00

Refute the above statement.

Slava:

At the end of the 15 minute hour, the M15, M30 and H1 bars will coincide.

Once 15 minutes have passed, this 15-minute bar has stopped in progress. This is how it will be recorded in history. The M30 and H1 continue to form.

When you request an H1 bar in the tester for test time 2019.01.02 10:15:00, this bar will partially match the 15-minute bar 2019.01.02 10:00:00, with the close H1 price matching the close M15 price 2019.01.02 10:15.00. But this hourly bar has not yet finished its formation!

When you ask for an H1 bar in the terminal, corresponding to the time 2019.01.02 10:15:00 you will get a long-formed bar. And of course its high, low and close prices are likely to be different from the high, low and close prices of the hourly bar received in the tester at test time 2019.01.02 10:15:00

Refute the above statement.

Yes, I admit my mistake, sorry...

You could have answered me more simply something like "Hi,Lo,Cl prices from the 0th bar are not fully formed", that's what I missed...

Andrey Dik:

Yes, I admit my mistake, sorry...

You could have answered me more simply with something like "Hi,Lo,Cl prices from bar 0 are not fully formed", that's exactly what I missed...

That's exactly what I tried to say.

Since I couldn't answer correctly at once, that's why I started laying out the arguments step by step.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi all, here's a question:

is there a minimum action time for pending orders, if so how do I find out?

Reason: